It's a dark, rainy night

Borgs, Cops and Corporations OH MY!

Moderator: NMI

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:45 am

Marcus takes to a knee, reaching for his side-arm while the 2 of you make for cover. For at least 15 or so seconds there is nothing but repeated blasts of lightning [approx 6 blasts you think]. Halfway through the lightning storm you hear the squeal of tires coming closer and closer.

Tommy, your ARCE software is screaming that danger is upon you when you hear what you believe is a vehicle crashes into something and that something is falling through the diner window you were all sitting next to and about to land on...

Neko, you specifically stated you did not go under the table and you are lucky as the street lamp falling through the window is about to land on said table. You were in the process of jumping over your seating to get out of the way, but unfortunately, the back of your head gets sprayed with a couple of pieces of glass. You take 6 S.D.C.

Marcus manages to get out of the way just in time as he rolls to the side, away from the edge of the table.

Tommy, your motion sensor in your hand alerts you to incoming impact and you also manage to get out of the way without harm by lunging out from under the table and finding yourself next to Marcus.

Strike: Lamp post: 19
Glass Damage: 2D4 [6]
Dodge - Neko: 8
Marcus 17+
Tommy: Used his previous JIC D20 + 6th sense and motion detector

Whatever hit the lamp post comes to a stop just outside Frank's. Assuming someone pops up to look, you see a large, black, stretched SUV turned over on its side [the top facing you] with wisps of smoke coming off of what look like blast marks on its roof and from the passenger side doors [which are facing up].

Image

Across the street and about 100' in the air is a woman flying [duh] wearing some sort of armor. Both of her arms pointed downwards towards the truck.

Image

User avatar
Genhuman
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:15 pm
Location: North of here and south of there.

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:46 am

Perception: 9
JICd20: 12
JICd100: 50

Tomi curses in Japanese as he ducks for cover, and then curses even louder when he is forced to abandon his cover underneath the table. Once more, him implants had stood between him and death, and once more they had prevailed. He just hoped he could keep up the luck

Tomi rolls to his feet and pulls out both pistols one for each hand. He gives a whole body shake, like a dog shaking off water, shedding the particles of glass that had fallen on him, and when he sees the small pile, he is amazed he wasn’t cut.

Looking outside, he curses for a third time, which will either be good fortune or bad, as far as his superstitions go and moves to the side of the window, his back to the wall and peers cautiously outside. “I hate when I get caught in the middle of a fire fight, and I don’t know which side is which. I never know who to blast, and unlike you Marcus, I don’t think firing indiscriminately is a good idea.” His morbid humour escapes a bit.

He glances again out the window and calls to his two teammates, “Does anyone recognize the markings on either the woman or the vehicle?”
[spoiler]HP: 40
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

User avatar
Sasqaricious
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby Sasqaricious » Mon May 11, 2015 11:46 am

Perception - 13
JIC20 - 04
JIC100 - 70

JIC Initiative - 9

Neko being hit with the glass lets out a slight hiss but knows in her head that her healing will take care of it pretty quickly if need be. "Son of a poopie that hurt. I am ok but I do not recognize either the vehicle or female." She says after standing and taking stock of the situation. At which point she does grab her staff and waits to see what the others do but mostly prepares for the moment to be on the defensive.

JIC Dodge - 10

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 am

Marcus maintains his position, bracing himself on knee as he holds his heavy auto-mag pistol in both hands. Tommy, you know that at this point, the safety on his weapon is off and he is ready to shoot at a moments notice. Unfortunately, you do not recognize the female however, thanks to your hearing implant, you do hear the sounds of at least 3 people inside of the truck,m

"What the bloody fucking hell? They spilled my damn coffee. Who's the broad in the sky?"

Neko, you have no clue as to who the female is nor do you recognize the truck as anything other than a large, black SUV. The gauntlet on her left arm looks vaguely familiar though.

As the three of you take in the scene, the front passenger door [facing up] starts to swing up. A hand reaches up and forcibly shoves the door the rest of the way open. The flying woman begins to aim her left arm at the door, a charge of energy surrounding her hand.

Whatever are you going to do?

User avatar
Sasqaricious
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby Sasqaricious » Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 am

Perception - 09
JIC20 - 20
JIC100 - 77

Neko looks around and tries to figure out exactly what is going on deciding the best solution is to head out and see if any are wounded and let her companions take care of the rest. The best way to do this is to scan in the area first for injured and barring that she will hop out where the post fell through and see if there are any there. She will stay in a defensive mode while this scan goes on.

Dodge - 15

"I will tend to the wounded you all cover my back!" She yells to her companions.

User avatar
Genhuman
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:15 pm
Location: North of here and south of there.

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:48 am

Perception: 6
JICd20: 16
JICd100: 33

Tomi peers out the window and curses once more. He doesn’t recognize any of the symbols on either the flying woman or the SUV. He mutters to himself, “You are not the police, don’t get involved. They aren’t the police or an ally, don’t get involved.” He resolves himself to staying put and not getting involved unless the situation changes.

He opens his mouth to mention such thoughts to his compatriots, and then curses harshly, once more in Japanese. “Damn it, what the hrekin does that woman think she is doing? There is still a battle going on.”

Now that they are involved, there is only one thing to do, and that is to backup his teammates. He swings around the corner of the windowsill and has both of his Bio-E pistols pointed at the floating woman. He shouts out, in his loudest voice, for a moment regretting he didn’t get the vocorder implant as well, completed with volume boost, “Nobody move! You open fire in any way and I will drop you, do you understand?” When he sees an arm emerge from the top of the SUV he shouts, “And that goes for you in the truck as well.”

JIC Dodge: (13)+9=22
JIC Strike: (1)+4=5
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 am

The rain and overall storm still rages throughout the street.

Tommy, you yell out your statement over the rain just as Neko starts looking around from her position. Whoever is inside, trying to get out, is either ignoring you or can not hear you as they continue to climb out from the front seat. At the same time, Neko starts to head out the window. At this time, the woman in the flying opens up. Her left arm fires towards the man climbing out, her right arm has panels that flare open making it look like a radar dish and is points toward the diner windows - directly at your party.

Please respond with a initiative roll - include all bonuses. Tommy, I am going to allow the 6th sense bonus to still be in play. I will then respond with a GM post indicating order.

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 am

Initiative Order:

1st Person in car door
2nd Tommy
3rd Neko
4th Flying Girl
5th Marcus

The person that was trying to make their way out of the front door [which is on top currently] continues to pull themselves out, the rain beating down upon them.

[minus the word police on the vest.]
Image

The woman's arm points at the person but has done nothing else... yet. Her right arm is pointed towards the diner. [keep in mind, her left arm was already pointed at the vehicle, so she has not yet acted].

Neko is just about to cross over through the broken window.

It is currently Tommy's right to action.

User avatar
Genhuman
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:15 pm
Location: North of here and south of there.

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 am

Initiative: (7)+14=21
Perception: 3
JICd20: 4
JICd100: 3

Tomi’s eyes track back and forth from the truck to the woman and back again, waiting for one of them to generate an aggressive response, and hoping that everything will resolve peacefully. While evidence strongly suggests the woman was the one to overturn the vehicle, it still has yet to be determined beyond a shadow of a doubt, and also if her intent is to kill, or just capture those inside the vehicle.

“Neko, you’re an idiot for going out there.” He snaps out, but knows better than to try and stop her, as he remembers how stubborn on the subject of treating injured she can be, as evidenced by their last mission.

As the men in the vehicle have yet to point weapons, he still keeps both pistols trained upon the woman in the air, slight tension on the triggers, just waiting.

[Hold action awaiting the actions of the others. Will fire upon the woman if she opens fire]

JIC Dodge: (7)+9=16
JIC Strike: (2)+4=6
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:51 am

GM Note: Tommy is effectively passing his initiative and offering to go "last" - right after any potential action of cyber-girl. If he chooses to do nothing, he loses his action.
======================================================================

Tommy continues to scan the scene. In the brief few seconds, it is as if time has slowed to a standstill. Everyone appears to be eyeing each other. The helmet and armor style appear oddly familiar. You think it might be special operations / law enforcement.

Neko, you beging your climb through the window, stepping down on the other side of the broken frame. You look around to your immediate left and right and do not see anyone. Looking at the truck, you can make out the upper portion of the man that is in the process of climbing out. The woman in the air appears to have noticed you. What do you wish to do?


Return to “Shadow Wars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest