It's a dark, rainy night

Borgs, Cops and Corporations OH MY!

Moderator: NMI

NMI

It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:16 am

The two of you work for "T.A.R.D.I.S. - Titan Advanced Research & Development Institute of Sciences". Tommy as an investigator/operator and Engineering Division Liaison. Why and how the two of you got paired up and became friends is anyone's guess. It doesn't hurt that Neko is rather pleasant on the eyes.

BOTH Tommy and Neko

It's a dark and rainy night with a slight wind from the west. The two of you find yourselves having a bite to eat at Frank's to discuss a recent assignment. Tommy had been somewhat instrumental in tracking down and subduing a Cyber-Doc and his Chop Shop who was installing blackmarket cyberwear, some of which was donated from unwilling owners. Neko being an up and coming Cybernet-Doc helped Tommy with understanding the tech as well as an information source/handler.

A Class I servant droid brings over your orders, placing them down in front of the two of you. It tops off your drinks and then continues on with its duties.

While the two of you inspect your food for anything moving, the front door to the diner chimes as a gust of cold air blows in bringing with it a mist of rain. Looking up, the two of you see Marcus. Tommy's partner in the field. He turns in your direction, nods and heads over to your table.

"Figure I would find you two here." He then takes up a seat on the bench next to Neko. "Hey bot! Coffee, black, extra caffeine." Turning his attention back to the two of you, "So, what's shaking Doc? Any chance you decided to stop turning me down?"

NMI

Re: It's a dark, rainy night

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:16 am

Note: No need for JIC posts, in your first posts, include a D20 Perception roll [plus IQ bonus]

As there is an NPC present, I may or may not "interject" between posts from the two of you if a response is needed from the NPC.

"Bold" your comments.
Italicize your thoughts
If using a form of communication other than speaking, please clearly identify what form of communication you are using - radio, cell, text, telepathy, etc... Otherwise I will assume normal speak or that your form of comms fails.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 am

Perception: (17:20:22) The System: Genhuman rolls 1d20 and gets (12)=12.

When the droid puts down their order, Tomi looks at the robot, gives one of his charming smiles, and says “Thank you,” the touch of his Japanese accent still there in his pronunciation, no matter how much he has worked at eliminating it. It never hurt to be polite, or so he always thought, even if the person serving you wasn’t a person at all. Besides, he knew he had machine implants in himself. Perhaps, in a way, that made them related as he was now part machine as well.

Using one of the fries on his plate, he stirs the others around and also mixes up the various dipping sauces on his plate thinking to himself, whatever happened to just plain ketchup. Isn’t that what Americans traditionally ate? It never hurt to be too careful in a diner like Frank’s. While the food tasted top notch, you never know what else might be included in this month’s effort to keep costs low and affordable. It didn’t matter to Tomi how nutritious beetle carapace was, it still had no business being mixed in with a burger patty. Then again, when was the last time someone had actually had a burger patty made of meat.

Tomi had just taken his first bite of burger, chewing thoughtfully and savoring the recreated taste of the last century. “These are good.” He says to the woman across from him, Neko. It is about that time when Marcus entered the diner and Tomi gave a sigh. “Well, they were good. Don’t get me wrong, Marcus is a great field agent, but the sound of his voice can sour any meal.” He says quietly to Neko before Marcus arrives at the booth and takes a seat.

He rolls his eyes at Marcus’ antics and bad flirting with Neko. He can’t help but interject a jibe. “Careful now, asking her out in here. I believe that ‘bot is Ros1 (Rosey). Didn’t you have a thing for her for a time as well, do a couple of dates? Would hate to see just what it is, a ‘bot would manage to spit in your coffee.” He gives a chuckle and takes another bite of his burger, trying to ignore Marcus’ voice and enjoy what simple pleasures he has left.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Mon May 11, 2015 11:26 am

[spoiler]
Sasqaricious rolls 1d20 and gets (11)+2=13
[/spoiler]
Perception - 13

Neko was enjoying the evening out and relaxing until Tomi pointed out that Marcus has arrived and upon confirmation of spinning around and seeing Marcus causes a bit of a sigh to escape her mouth but it upgrades to full on eye roll when he asks if her defences would be down eventually. But still without hesitation she shoves over the full plate of food which she normally orders as she likes the smell even if eating it will cause massive issues. As such when Marcus sits she just passes it over. "You look like you need this more then I do." She says still smiling at what Tomi says about dating the robot waitress.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:37 am

The waitress bot brings back shortly, placing Marcus's coffee down on the table in front of him.

Looking at Neko, the bot "Rosey" asks, "Is your food not to your liking? Can I acquire you somet.....?"

Though Rosey was still speaking, Marcus cuts her off. "Tommy, you know damn well I would never date one of its kind! I wouldn't even touch one of those sex-bots on Amsterdam street." as he looks up at the bot. "If it did spit in my drink, I would have it shut down and its owner fined for assaulting a human. Anyways, I just wanted to come in and chill with 5 of my favorite people, you Tommy, Neko here, me, myself and I." He laughs at his own joke as if it is the funniest thing anyone has ever said.

Marcus

In the reflection of the window, the reflection of a nearby lightning strike can be heard followed by the snap of a couple of booms of thunder. The rain is coming down heavier.

Note: If either of you were to think of it, Marcus 501st Airborne in Peru fighting in the Mechanik Wars. A robot uprising of sorts. Sadly, the war was fought to a standstill of sorts. An end to hostilities was reached where the newly founded Mechanik Nation was allowed to keep some land but had to help rebuild what they had to give back. Soldiers all around were upset with MArcus being one of them.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:38 am

Perception: 02-16-15 (17:20:22) The System: Genhuman rolls 1d20 and gets (12)=12.
JIC d20: 02-18-15 (17:20:22) The System: Genhuman rolls 1d20 and gets (12)=12.
JIC d100: 02-18-15 (17:20:29) The System: Genhuman rolls 1d100 and gets (16)=16.

Tomi sighs once more as he hears Marcus badmouth synthetic life. It was a done deal. The national conglomerates recognizing them as sentient beings able to hold a nation was the first step; and now the rest of the world governments looking to pass legislation, and criteria, as to when a ‘bot moves from appliance to life form, well, it was only a matter of time. Tomi thinks to himself, there was no use dwelling in the past about what could have been. I guess bigotry and hatred will never end.

Tomi takes a sip of his malt and then once more tries to ignore Marcus beside him, or at least his voice, for as long as it takes him to chew and swallow his next bite of food. He then tunes back in to what is being said.

The latest flash of lightning catches his attention and he feels a small tickle in the back of his scalp. He isn’t sure if it’s just the ‘heebie jeebies’ or if one of his implants has analyzed something and is trying to relay a message, but the storm just doesn’t sit right with him, even though it had been forecasted well in advance.

He turns back to the others and says, “So, any theories, or betting pools set up yet as to what sort of assignment we will be put on next? I mean, as satisfying as taking down the cyber-doc and his chop shop was, the accolades of it will last only so long and the bosses will be breathing down our throats for results.” He chuckles. “Of course, it would be just like them to send us on something just the opposite, and look into a gang of neo-luddites as they assault ‘bots and people with obvious implants.”

When he mentions the neo-luddites, he gives a discrete glance over at Marcus from the corner of his eye, sometimes wondering about his hatred. While Marcus’ attitude isn’t fully anti-technology, or at least, that isn’t what has been portrayed, he does see some parallels in his attitudes on robots.

He shakes his head, trying to banish himself of his thoughts and looks down at his plate, noticing that while he was musing, he had managed to finish all of his food. He looks over at their server once more and says, “If you don’t mind Rosey, I could really use a Hot Fudge Sunday.” He looks over at the window and the raindrops pelting on it and says, “The longer I can delay going out in this mess the better.”

More human than human.

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Mon May 11, 2015 11:38 am

Perception - 20
JIC20 - 20
JIC100 - 35

Neko turns to Rosie, "No Rosie it is ok as I don't know if you recall but I do not actually eat and will be cause for discomfort. I mainly ordered because by some calculation I figured we would be joined tonight and wanted to make sure he had some food." She says with a smile while doing her best to ignore whatever Marcus is saying that may or may not offend her.

"I am in no rush at all, so we can hang here as long as you two wish to." she says smiling even as she starts to stack whatever it is around her that would be stackable.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon May 11, 2015 11:39 am

Marcus smiles and then places his coffee onto the table hard enough that Neko's fork bounces.

"Damn it Tommy! You can't let these things fool you. They are each waiting to replace all of us "squishies" as they call us. This bots job could have been in the hands of one of the homeless folks that are soaking in this shitty ass storm. Sex-bots have taken jobs from hookers."

Another crack of lightning and double boom of thunder.

"How many people have doc's like Neko here patched up since the Mechanik War? How many people were displaced, left without a home? They threatened orbita...." Marcus pauses as another succession of lightning strikes temporarily brighten the night sky. There is no thunder, but then another series of lightning strikes.

Marcus looks up out the window. "Storm is getting weird. Anyways, enough about these bots. They don't deserve the attention. Neko, thanks for ordering this for me. How are you doing?"

Tommy, your sixth sense goes off. Note off 2 ISP.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 am

Perception: 13
JICd20: 19
JICd100: 64

Tomi sighs and relays, “Let’s just do what we always have in the past, and agree to disagree on this subject. We both have different ideas about this sort of thing, and if we continue up, we will just get in an argument and end up…” He trails off as the lightning outside pick up intensity.

His eyes flick back and forth with each new bolt, and silently counts to himself between the flash and the boom, sometimes furrowing his brow when they don’t seem to match up, or are absent. “You know…I don’t think.”

That is when, what he calls his analytical computer and response evaluation software kick in, screaming at him there is danger eminent. “Incoming, quick danger, get down!” he shouts and dives for cover himself underneath the table, having a sick feeling that the next strike of lightning, or something connected will be targeting the diner.

“Get down you two!” he shouts again and waits for the inevitable.

More human than human.

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Mon May 11, 2015 11:43 am

(OOC - Really two nat 20's on on perception and now I roll this, rofl)

Perception - 10
JIC20 - 01
JIC100 - 43

Neko for most part was going to say your welcome until she was given the warning to move and she does instantly in the form of a dodge.

Dodge - 8

To which she tries to dodge to the floor and to the right not trying to get under any of the table yet but out of range of anything come through the wall/window hear them.

Return to “Shadow Wars”