OOC Discussions

In the aftermath of the Onslaught crisis, the Fantastic Four & Avengers are gone - sacrificing themselves to destroy Onslaught. Only the X-Men remain as a superteam but with mutant hysteria at an all time high & mutant numbers thinned considerably by the Legacy Virus, they have gone underground.

Will new heroes step forth in a world that has little heroes left?

Moderators: NMI, Cubalibre

Vigil

Re: OOC Discussions

Postby Vigil » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Not generally. If you were modelling a character from an pre-existing Marvel character they might (such as Cyclops' ability to reflect his eye beams and hit multiple targets).

For non-pregenerated characters, you develop power stunts through play. You lay out 100 Karma points for each attempt, and 10 attempts means you add the stunt to your character sheet (IIRC they don't have to be 10 successful attempts - but you do have to pay Karma for each attempt). Note that the Power stunt has a total cost of 1000 Karma.

Once it's on your sheet, you no longer have to pay Karma to use it, and you no longer have to roll to attempt it.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:15 pm

To add to what Lee said above, power stunts get easier the more you use them.

The first time you try to do a power stunt, you need a RED result to succeed.

The 2nd and 3rd times you try to do the same stunt, you need a YELLOW result to succeed.

The 4th through 10th times you try the same stunt, you need a GREEN result to succeed.

Any time after the 10th, you have the power stunt added and success is as normal.

Let me give you an example. In this example, the character has the power of Telekinesis at Good level. There is a tall building in front of me I want to get on top of. I use my TK power to try and 'lift myself' onto the roof. (AKA Flying)

Now, the first time I try and do this with my TK, I will need a RED result. Consulting the Universal Table, I find that means I need to roll a 98 or higher, on d100, to succeed. It costs me 100 Karma to try.

The 2nd and third times, I need a YELLOW result. That means I need to roll a 75 or higher. It also costs me 100 Karma for each attempt

The 4th through 10th times, I need to roll a GREEN result. That means I need to roll a 46 or higher. Again, it costs me 100 Karma for each attempt

The 11th time I try the stunt, it works without a hitch, and I don't have to make a roll, as flying is automatic, and it doesn't cost me any Karma to perform.

((Now, rules are slightly different for spell casters, but we don't really need to go into that.))
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 am

So does a brand new character, freshly made, have no stunts at start that they can do with their powers?

Does this mean everything I do in the beginning is a stunt?

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm

NMI. Some powers start with stunts, or at least one stunt, the name of the power itself. Some powers don’t. Some powers are just a broad category, and are made up almost entirely of different stunts that you have to acquire. (ie. Weather Control) Most of the powers that rely heavily upon stunts allow you to take one free stunt at character creation.

Your 4 powers are as follows.

Body Armor
Electrical Manipulation
Energy Generation
Machine Intuition

Body Armor doesn’t have any stunts. It just is what it is, and for you, it means that while your suit is on, you get a set amount of resistance to attacks based upon your rank and the type of attack.

Electrical Manipulation, as stated, allows you to have resistance to electricity at your powers rank, and it allows you to have a ‘stun touch’ at your rank. In essence, your power starts with 2 free stunts; Resistance and Stun touch. Anything to do with the manipulation of electricity, other than those two stunts, (For instance, if you want to try and have a computer or electronic lock short itself out) would require you to spend Karma and roll to see if you can successfully even try such a stunt, much less succeed at it.

Energy Generation (Limit: Electricity). This power allows you to generate ranged energy blasts. In essence, that is your free stunt. If you tried to do something else with it, (Like making a static energy field around you so that anyone who hits you takes damage, or develop a 'stun touch' if you didn't have it already) that would require to you spend karma and roll extra again. On a side note, energy generation is basically a stunt of Electrical Manipulation, and if you hadn’t chosen it as a power, you may have been able to eventually gain it as a stunt of the above.

Machine Intuition is another power that doesn’t have any stunts. This power is basically just a super level Talent, that lets you roll on the Unearthly column for your machine related reason rolls.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:28 am

Cubalibre - Sent you a PM.

Also, still waiting on your Resource / "Leveling Up" rules...

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 pm

NMI wrote:Cubalibre - Sent you a PM.

Also, still waiting on your Resource / "Leveling Up" rules...

Seconded.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 pm

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

Cubalibre

Postby Cubalibre » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:18 am

Apologies to all.

RL took me to time consuming places...Will try to post 1x a week as expected & will address all questions and post the advancement stull this Saturday.

Return to “Marvel - Onslaught Aftermath”