OOC Discussions

In the aftermath of the Onslaught crisis, the Fantastic Four & Avengers are gone - sacrificing themselves to destroy Onslaught. Only the X-Men remain as a superteam but with mutant hysteria at an all time high & mutant numbers thinned considerably by the Legacy Virus, they have gone underground.

Will new heroes step forth in a world that has little heroes left?

Moderators: NMI, Cubalibre

Genhuman

Re: OOC Discussions

Postby Genhuman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Well, I guess no one objected to me turning Agent Ward into my Shield Limo driver.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:09 pm

NMI wrote:Upon receiving the email, Conrad chuckles to himself.......

Sitting back in chair, Conrad reaches for his bottle of water and takes a sip. "Email of unknown origin? Let's just see about that." Conrad begins the glorious task of determining where exactly this email came from.

► Show Spoiler

Whether successful or not, Conrad will eventually show up to this meeting.......

Using the BASIC REVISED rules:

Alright. What you are doing is called a FEAT. In other words, you are using one of your TALENTS or base ABILITIES to try and perform an action. In this case, computer operation/programming. Normally, what you would do is pull out the universal table. Computer is a Reason check. You would look at the column pertaining to your reason level. For SIEGE, that reason level is Incredible. You would then cross compare your roll on the universal table and see what COLOR result you ended up with. A 25 would net you a white result, known as a failure.

However, you have the Computer TALENT. What a talent does, is let you shift up or down along the universal table, according to the Talent. Most give you a 1 column boost. This means, you get to shift up to the Amazing column on Computer rolls. Alas, a 25 still nets you a white result, meaning a failure, if only barely, as a 26 would have gotten you a green one.

But you are in luck. You can ignore you failures for now, because you have the Machine Intuition POWER, which lets you make checks like this on the Unearthly column..... a 25 nets you a Green result. That means you pass with an OK. (A yellow or Red result would have netted you improved results)

Now how GMs handle this is a little variable. Normally, they would set a difficulty on the skill. If it is a standard check, they may say you only need a green result. If it is more difficult, you may need to obtain a yellow result to get success. For the truely horrendous tasks, you may need a Red result to pass.

If I were the GM, this is how I would rule. I would say, that a message from SHIELD isn't your typical E-Mail, and so would not be as easy to crack as say, the latest Nigerian/Wakandan Prince Spam message. I would allow your green result to let you determine that the E-Mail is genuine, but not let you know any additional information, like who the actual person who typed and sent it was, or where they sent it from.

More human than human.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Apologies to everyone. Will see what I can do about posting this weekend. Wife is in the hospital and have been camping out on waiting room chair for past couple days. Will get to this when I can. Who knows, she may pass out and I will have time to grab my tablet later and make a post.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Take care my friend. Your wife is more important than this game.

NMI

Postby NMI » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 pm

GM - What should we do about starting equipment/gear? This question was brought up before, but I do not think we had received a specific question.

In my case, I had a few gadgets that I would like. Should I PM you or post here things I was hoping for?

Cubalibre

Postby Cubalibre » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 am

It goes by your resource rank - the advance rules judges book gives what can be bought on a certain rank I believe (I didn't want to deal with RPs like the basic rules did).

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:07 am

Ok cool, except I am not all that familiar with said rules.
What I will do is, write up a list of items and such. PM you said list along with a list of D100 rolls. Or, I can do it all here so that someone like Genhuman can let me know if I succeeded or not.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm

IIRC, you can make one resource roll per week (items more than 3 column shifts under your rank are considered automatic).

So... how many weeks of Resource FEATs do we get to try and make?

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:23 pm

In essence, Lee is correct. We get one resource roll per week, to buy any special items, and on your own, it is impossible to buy anything more expensive than your resource rank.

If an item is 3 ranks under yours, you are considered to be able to buy it automatically, without a roll. In practical terms, think of it as, you can pretty much have anything at that rank, at the start.

Were I the GM, I would allow at minimum, 1 roll (And usually up to 3 rolls), for any special item(s) they would want at start, and otherwise assume they have whatever equipment their normal background would require them to have, that don't require any special licensing and such. For SEIGE, that would mean he has a lab at his business, and a portable electronics tool kit, and most likely a nice car.

Ultimately, it would be a GM call as to how many weeks he would let us start with, and if he says none, you can always make this weeks roll, in game, right away, to get at least 1.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:56 pm

GM?

Return to “Marvel - Onslaught Aftermath”