Defenders Gathered

In the aftermath of the Onslaught crisis, the Fantastic Four & Avengers are gone - sacrificing themselves to destroy Onslaught. Only the X-Men remain as a superteam but with mutant hysteria at an all time high & mutant numbers thinned considerably by the Legacy Virus, they have gone underground.

Will new heroes step forth in a world that has little heroes left?

Moderators: NMI, Cubalibre

Genhuman

Re: Defenders Gathered

Postby Genhuman » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Eric raised an eye a little bit when the technician admitted to equipment trouble. Of course, he wondered if that was said to try and throw off his speculation, or if they really were transparent enough to say that in front of unproven assets.

While half listening to Agent Coulson, Eric walks along and doesn’t say much during the tour. His mind is a bit lost on other things, mainly on how his studies will continue, and on if he knows enough to not get killed, much less prevent another from getting killed. Knowing where he was and how to get around places had never really been a problem for him, and even half listening to this tour, he has a pretty good picture in his head about where they have been.

Then they arrive at the shuttered window. Hmm, perhaps something to take note of, he thinks to himself. He listens to the explanation about it coming from space and he sighs slightly. ”Well, it’s not the kind of space I am familiar with, but it should prove interesting,” he mutters quietly aloud.

He studies the ship through the window along with everyone else. “Looks like a giant bug. I wonder if that is intentional.” he thinks aloud. He steps back to allow the rest to get closer to the window and have their peak. This really isn’t his area of expertise after all, or so he reasons.

Of course, then Ripley has to go and make his reveal. He mutters quietly, “Karma, I would call you a bitch, but then you would treat me as if I were your bitch.” He glances up and down, taking in this new form and says, “I guess that is the source of the tingle I was feeling from him. Surprised it wasn’t bigger.”

He then looks over at Conrad, looking like a kid in a candy store and thinks to himself, I just hope the biggest shock doesn’t come from what he might learn from it, and what use he would put it to. With that thought in mind, it triggers yet another and he muses aloud, for all the team to hear, “Hey, I wonder if this will get to be our version of the Avengers Quinjet. I mean, we definitely have a pilot after all.” He chuckles as he finally finds some amusement and gets back into a proper frame of mind.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Cubalibre

Postby Cubalibre » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 am

"I don't think ill ever get used to that", Agent Coulson says of Kurzz/Ripley's shapeshifting ability. "As I said, the ship was adrift - entered our solar system after tumbling through space for who knows how long. We have tried analyzing its computer core and downloaded what we could but perhaps you & Mr. Thomanson can tell us more with further study."

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

Kurzz nods his green head in understanding. "Once we have a look at the data we can see how long the ship was adrift. No... corpses aboard?"

He turns to Conrad. "I suspect the encryption will be difficult to break - my people do like our secrets. I will assist you how I can, if you have questions about skrull military protocols, but I'm afraid the data retrieval itself may be a bit out of my specialty."

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Still staring wide-eyed at his first, up close encounter with an alien spacecraft, says in a hushed tone; "Kurzz or Ripley, whatever you prefer, I relish the challenge of breaking the crypto and code used to run this beautiful creation."

Walking to another spot on the window to get a different angle, thinks to himself "The energy generation, usage, electronics, all of it... so much potential."

"Coulson, when do I get to start feelin... err working on her?"

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:31 pm

After the initial buzz of seeing an alien craft, the novelty soon wears off when he realizes that, as impressive as it is, it doesn't have too much impact on his immediate future, and only time will tell if it will factor in with what he will be doing for SHIELD.

However, watching the other two examine it is an amusing sight. He reaches into an innner pocket and pulls out a hankerchief. He walks up to Conrad and says, "Here, you might need this. You are drooling." His duty done for the moment, he looks once more at the alien craft. He concentrates, to see if he can feel any aberrant energies coming from it, and when none seem to show themselves, he walks back to lean against the wall near the door, a sigh escaping his lips. He then spends the next couple of moments watching the more technical minded of the group admire the machine.

More human than human.

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Dawn is in a similar position as this thing does not interest her as much as it probably does others and as such walks around the area more of just observing how the others act. While doing so she starts to stretch some of her own powers but more in a means of floating up into the air and taking a look from every angle.

To her flight almost seemed natural and once she found out she had it, it was difficult not to use it in her everyday life but here she imagined that no one would really care and possibly would help ferret out for the others what exactly her capabilities were. While flying around she takes a look at the ship trying to show a bit of interest in it. After a couple trips around she lands and lets the others do what they do.

Cubalibre

Postby Cubalibre » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:16 am

After they look at the ship, Coulson takes them down to the hanger itself where the ship is. Dawn displays some of her power as she lifts herself off the ground and flies around the ship, taking in its dimensions.

"Kurzz, id like for you to take a look at the ships computer" Coulson says. "We have deciphered the Skrull language but all the controls are not labled and we only downloaded what was on the ship's computer. There were no bodies on board...We think the crew abandoned the ship due to some malfunction."

Turning to Conrad, Coulson says, "Mr. Thomanson, id like you to work with our tech boys in making sense of what we downloaded from the ship - it might be a clue as to what the Skrull's mission was and why the ship was abandoned - maybe you'll find something they missed."

The lights dim for a moment and then resume full illumination.

Coulson makes a face. "Maybe you can also help them fix the bugs in the power system", he says sarcastically.

Looking to Eric and Dawn, he says, "While they're busy here, perhaps you two would like to see where you will be training and what you will be experiencing here? We've drawn out an itinerary for all of you focusing on your training and the better use of your powers to get you ready on what you might face."

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:32 am

Kurzz nods. "I'd also like a look at your translation algorithm - see if I spot any mistakes. Sometimes the skrullish language can be tricky - like your English. I'll also see if I can cobble together a flight manual for this ship, from memory. They keep their controls unlabelled for exactly this situation. In flight school, we are made to memorize the control panels."

He turns to Conrad. "When we check the programming, make sure to check for... what you call Trojan Horse programs. There may be dormant security protocols."

Kurzz will take a seat at the controls and begin making a rudimentary control panel map, noting which controls manage which functions. this will be a fairly long process, but he's confident he can sketch out a rough guide in a few hours.

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Dawn finishing her version of inspection turns, "That sounds like a good idea. If you lead the way I will happily follow." Finishing up and landing so she can follow to the man to this area they will be shown. "I will admit I am more then a little curious on what we will be put through and how it will apply to each other. Mind you it will also allow us to fully see what each other can do."

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Eric straightens up from leaning against the wall and unfolds his arms. He gives his shoulders a shrug and shake, then walks over towards Coulson. ”Yes. Seeing more of the facility and learning more of what we will be doing would be a good thing. As I said before, while the shock and novelty of an alien ship was cool at first, it honestly doesn’t really apply to me unless I will have to learn how to fly it, or you think we will be facing such and I am learning it’s weaknesses.”

He shrugs and says, “Hey, not all of us can be pilots and techies.” That being said, he follows Coulson out of the room, eager to see what sorts of new sights might also be revealed, but also being cautious enough not to be too optimistic that it will apply to him and his situation.

More human than human.

Return to “Marvel - Onslaught Aftermath”