OOC

Moderator: Scarecrow71

Vigil

Re: OOC

Postby Vigil » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Hrm... rethinking now - having someone with NCA might mean that a physical training character is redundant... :(

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that you might tweak the Eugenics budget amounts. What's that going to be?

Revan

Postby Revan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:23 pm

I'll be rolling up my budget and education tonight, see if I Can at least get my equipment done tonight and the character complete by no later than Sunday.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:24 pm

We are going to use the Errata budget posted on the PB forums. I'll add that to Character Creation.
Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Hrm - I'll make a decision soon(ish) and try to have a character ready by Monday.

Revan

Postby Revan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Scarecrow youre going to hate me, i rolled a doctorate for education lol.

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Scarecrow71 wrote:
Sittingbull wrote:Under NCA it says that no physical skills may be taken.

So if character with NCA ability (not trying to fuss or argue here just trying to understand your take on the power) have or get (there is a difference) no hand to hand. Then there is no reason for the person using the power to spend the 15 seconds adapting to his enemy since he will not gain benefit of his enemies hand to hand or physical skills? Not like this would really matter at level 1.

I don't follow what you are asking here. The power literally states you cannot take H2H, to include boxing, wrestling, and other physical skills. Instead, you adapt to your opponent's fighting style in 1 melee round, fighting with the benefits/bonuses listed in the power. How is this not gaining any benefit?

Sittingbull wrote:Not that I was thinking of taking it, how does this so easily lead to a PS stat so high?

Focus less on the number I gave and more on the fact that the power is banned.

Revan wrote:I was thinking of making a ballistic tower shield for my character with a few mods on it.

Also, do weapon attachments and accessories such as boring the cylinder, muzzle breaks, lasers and such do anything in this game or are they purely cosmetic?

No starting with modified weapons or armor at the start of the game; that's something I'd rather have you RP and deal with in-game.

As far as bonuses for mods go, that's something we can talk about in-game. Some of it is covered in the books, but some is not. I'd rather not blanket statement this but instead deal with specific items when they come up.

Ok so it seems we see NCA the same. I was just curious on the supernatural PS, sorry. Well I won't do anything until I hear yeah, nay, or somewhere in between, on what we talked about.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Not sure what you are waiting on. Refresh my memory please?

Revan

Postby Revan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:44 am

So I'm having trouble choosing all my skills at the moment and it's holding me up. I have a doctorate level education but I'm not sure what to use them on. Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking of perhaps just completely rounding out the character with all the mechanical and electrical skills I could, maybe even go into robotics or something.
Anyone who has any ideas, feel free to suggest.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:34 am

What is your character concept? Select your skills as appropriate for your concept.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:05 pm

I need to explain a couple of things about Mashav so that there is full transparency here.

For starters, I am changing his education/skills. I originally rolled that he was an Engineer, and I was going to keep this. However, after going through AUGG, the rules indicate that I can take one of the skill programs therein, so that is what I am going to do. I am keeping him an engineer of sorts, switching out what I rolled for the Spacecraft Mechanic Skill Program on page 194.

Secondly, I must re-roll his High-Tech Vehicle. Why? The Hover Boots require Pilot Jet Pack, and that skill is not available either through what I rolled OR through the skill program in AUGG. So in the interest of being honest, I am re-rolling that.

I've had a bit of time to think on some things here, and Revan, I'm going to change my answer on OCCs from Dead Reign and allow you to choose one of those if you wish. You will lose that lovely 99 you rolled for Education, instead taking the OCC. It's your choice.

And to everyone else: If there is an OCC from another book you would like to use, let me know so I can review first.

Return to “Evolution”