Character Creation

Moderator: Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

Character Creation

Postby Scarecrow71 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm

As with all games, there has to be a set of rules regarding character creation. Otherwise everyone just does whatever they want! So this thread shall serve as my attempt to lay out those rules.

Attributes
Attributes will be rolled using 4d6 and then assigning in any order you wish. On a score of 16+, roll a single d6 and add that to that roll. You will NOT get to roll a second d6 here; using 4d6 with the possibility of another d6 will give you an Attribute score of 4-30, which should be more than enough range for you.

Alignment
Toss it out the window. Completely. I would rather you play personality as opposed to some set of moral standards in the book.

Power Category
You have your choice here. You can either roll randomly, or you can select whichever one suits your concept. Same goes for any sub-rolls for power category, such as Alien Appearance or Experiment Side Effects.

Please refer to the following when selecting/rolling Power Category:

• Mega Heroes are not allowed. This includes the Mega option from the Immortal Category.
  • The Natural Genius is allowed.

Super Abilities
These must be rolled for, to include number of powers and the powers themselves.

Once you have rolled your powers, you have a choice to make. You may either keep the entire set that you rolled OR you may switch powers out to have a better concept. If you switch powers out, you must go by the following:

• You must keep at least one of the powers you rolled.
  • You must switch out equally. That is, if you switch out a Minor Power, you must take a Minor Power; you can only get a Major by switching out a Major.
  • The powers you switch out for must tie to your theme. No taking Regeneration just because; it must fit with your concept.

As an example, if I rolled 1 Major and 2 Minor, I can either keep all 3, switch out the major for something else, switch out the major and 1 minor, or switch out both minors. Notice that I am keeping at least one of the powers I originally rolled.

Changed Powers
There are some changes to the powers as they currently stand.

• Clock Manipulation is a Major power. If you only have Minors and you roll this, you must re-roll it. If you have Majors and you roll this, it counts as your Major power (unless you roll Major powers first and this comes up later).
  • Natural Combat Ability REPLACES any Hand to Hand skills you have. This means that any bonuses or extra attacks from any H2H skill you may end up with through skill selection ARE LOST; they do not stack, and NCA takes precedence.
  • Supernatural PS is banned. If you roll this power, you must roll over. Sorry, but I don't want someone with a 90 PS running around punching everything in sight.
  • Superhuman PS is now a Major power. If you only have Minors and you roll this, you must either re-roll it OR change it to Extraordinary PS. If you have Majors and you roll this, it counts as your Major power (unless you roll Major powers first and this comes up later).

Please note that this list may change based on characters submitted and game situations that come up.

Hand 2 Hand
For starters, the whole "2 attacks for living" is tossed out the window. It's a rule in the game that I do not like, and I cannot understand why anyone who has zero training would have. However, to compensate for this, everyone starts with Hand to Hand Basic. This gives everyone 2 attacks to start, and gives everyone a reason for at least knowing how to throw a punch.

It still takes 2 skill selections to pick up Hand to Hand Expert, and 3 to pick up Hand to Hand Martial Arts. And when you pick up a "higher level" of H2H, you lose the lower. So if you have H2H Expert, you do not still have Basic; if you get to MA, you no longer have Expert or Basic.

Hand to Hand Assassin does not exist.

If you spend the 3 skill slots to get to Martial Arts, you have a choice. You may either stick with the HU version of MA, or you may elect to pick up one of the Martial Art forms from the Ninjas and Super Spies book. If you elect to take a Martial Art form, you must do the following:

• You give up any benefit from the HU H2H MA listed in the book.
  • You must give up 1 entire skill program.
  • You must give up 1/2 of your secondary skills, or 4 secondary skills, whichever is HIGHER.
  • You cannot take an Exclusive form.
  • You cannot take more than 1 Martial Art form.

Seems like a lot to give up, right? Consider that you pick up katas, special attacks, skills, at least one language, and all the punches/throws/kicks/defenses of the art you are picking up. Doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

The only exception to the above is the Ancient Master. And the differences are:

• The Master may take Exclusive forms.
  • The Master may opt to pick up additional forms following the original cost (3 skill selections to get to MA, then 1 entire skill program.

It should be noted that, for the Ancient Master, picking up a second form does not require the expenditure of additional secondary skills beyond the 3 that it costs to get to MA.

Character Sheet
I don't care what format you use, provided that it is legible and I can find things easily enough.
Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Scarecrow71

Re: Character Creation

Postby Scarecrow71 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Starting Hit Points
PE + 6. It's supposed to be d6 per level, but we're going to give everyone maximum hit points to start.

Starting Level
1st

Scarecrow71

Re: Character Creation

Postby Scarecrow71 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Eugenics
We will be using both the budget amounts and the costs in the Errata thread from Palladium Books forums:

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 8#p1654058

Return to “Evolution”