I - Coming Together

Moderator: Scarecrow71

Vigil

Re: I - Coming Together

Postby Vigil » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:47 am

Skookum grunts in acknowledgement before hanging up the phone. He said mercenary... Was I a mercenary? Is that how I have a memory of killing someone's? Do they know who I killed? Or why?

Troubled, he turns his thoughts instead to more practical matters. $1500 a week. Not bad. Much better than I'm making now. It'll have to be under the table, as I haven't got a proper identity, can't establish credentials. But it's good money. And if we're doing good, then so much the better. As long as we actually ARE doing good.

He turns the conversation over and over in his head throughout the evening, as he returns to his rented room and curls up to sleep. In the morning, he dresses and heads out, stopping at a gas station to buy and microwave a hot pocket with his last fiver until payday. He tries to ignore the stares from the cashier and other customers as he devours it in two bites.

He walks to Grouchy John's - not too far from his motel, which, he decides, is not a coincidence - and takes a seat. He orders nothing when the waitress approaches, only grunting and shaking his massive head 'no'. He waits for the black SUVs, not knowing who else to look for.

Revan

Postby Revan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:27 am

Tatyana was perplexed by the call but none the less, she mulled it over as she leaned back in her chair. If they know who i am, then they must know what i have. Why would they need to hire me if a soldier would be all the better?

The young woman sighed and went about her nightly routine for bed. When the screeching sound of her alarm clock woke her, Tatyana set about gathering herself for the day, dressing in a pair of digital camo pants, a tight fitting T-shirt, and a baggy jacket. Along her hip she holstered one of her glocks and hid the other one under her right arm and packet her UMP into it's case before locking up and heading out the door and making her way to the dinner in town.

Parking her car in the spot farthest away from the building, she watched and waited for the SUVs.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:49 am

Shortly after the three of you arrive, you can hear the quiet whisper of rotor blades, although Twist and Skookum get a really muffled version of the sound, what with them being indoors. Looking to the park that lies across the street, you can see what looks to be a one-man gyro-copter gently touching down near the basketball court. A few moments after it lands, the top slides open and what you believe to be an alien wearing some kind of environmental suit steps out and begins walking towards the coffee shop.

The being walks rather odd, seeming to be a bit off-balance in its gait. But it quickly crosses the street, hitting the parking lot at about the same time as a pair of large, Ford Suburban SUVs turn from Maryland Parkway into the parking lot, taking up several spaces close to the building. The passenger door on one of them opens, and a prototypical-looking government agent steps out, walking to the back of the SUVs and standing there, his hands clasped behind his back. The alien looking being walks up to the man, and you can see the agent talking...but, of course, you cannot hear him.

Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Skookum notes the commotion, and sees the black SUV pull up. That's my ride. He's a bit taken aback by the alien-looking thing, but reminds himself that he's no movie star himself. He gets up from the table and heads out the door and across to the SUV.

Skookum is quite a sight, by the way - a large, horned, bigfoot-looking thing, wearing a hawaiian shirt and jeans, with no shoes.

He nods at the alien-looking fellow, and approaches the MIB-looking dude, and attempts to speak.

"Nng... I... am Skookum." he says, pronouncing it Skoo-KOOM, though his voice adds more than a little bit of growl to everything he says. "Uhnn... you... called me." This is stupid. I should use my mind powers. This mouth is built for tearing meat, not talking. He looks conflicted, but stands quietly, awaiting a response.

It's probably rude to bust into someone's mind though.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Caesar had given a small start when the unusual looking Skookum had arrived in the shop, but when he saw that the rest of the staff seemed to take it in stride, he figured that the being must be known, or that Las Vegas was even more tolerant of those different than he thought. He went back to his book and his coffee, occasionally adding a glance at the newcomer to his occasional surveillance of the area.

When Caesar looked at the clock, and saw that it was 2 minutes until the top of the hour, and still no black SUVs he said aloud, but quietly to himself. “Hmmm. Will we be suffering through tardy government employees during this whole operation.” He sighs, and it was about that time he heard the curious cupping/whooping sound outside. He probably wouldn’t have caught the sight of the gyro-copter touching down, if not for the Nevada desert sand. The small cloud of sand that the vehicle made, insured that the ‘copter would be noticed.

Caesar gave another start when he saw the obvious alien being approaching. He shakes his head, ” Just what is this world coming to.” Another mutter escapes his lips, soon followed by, ”Damn, I really need to stop talking to myself as well, or I might just start answering back.” With that slightly amusing though, he closes and puts down his book.

He watches the proceedings in the area, especially making note of all of the others who approach the SUV before him, and occasionally sipping his coffee. When the clock says 13 after, he gets up from his seat and makes his way to the door at a leisurely pace, one that doesn’t strain his stunted legs, and arriving at the SUVs at 7:14 and 45 seconds. ”I believe I am on the list.” he says, a smirk on his lips.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Revan

Postby Revan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Tatyana begins to contemplate leaving as the SUVs show no sign of showing up. Well then, this is a waste of a perfectly good morni...Wait, what the hell is that? Surprise being the one emotion on her face upon seeing the alien beast.

Well then, looks like that's my cue. Getting out of her car and locking it behind her, Tatyana walks across the street and to the SUVs. I am present.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:12 pm

The three of you, in your own time and in turn, make your way over to the SUV's. And one by one, you announce your presence to both the man and the obvious alien, only Skookum actually introducing himself. After you have all arrived, you notice the the alien's suit begins to develop patterns on and around the neck, blue lines and green circles and other odd symbols flashing and pulsating; it reminds you all of Matrix code. And then that same monotone voice is projected forth.

"My calling is Mashav. And I am being pleasured to having make your aquatics."

The man raises a single eyebrow.

"That would be acquaintance, Mashav."

The man's voice is familiar; you heard it earlier on the phone. This is obviously Agent Kim.

"Many apolo-genes. I still have such problisms with your speeching."

Agent Kim moves from the back of the SUV to the side, opening the passenger door in back. He half-sits on the seat, reaching into his coat pocket, producing a cigarette of some kind, lighting it quickly and easily. He inhales deep, then exhales deep, the thick smoke wisping away in the slight breeze. He adjusts his sunglasses, settling them higher up on the bridge of his nose.

"Thank you all for coming. I am sure you have many questions; I have...some...answers. Unfortunately, out here, in the open, is not the time for either asking or answering. But your being here tells me that you are at least curious enough about the proposal I am about to make that announcing it to you would not do any harm."

His riddling is bothersome, and it's hard to put your finger on the words he spoke. But before you can address that, he opens his mouth again, this time with more information.

"As I mentioned on the phone yesterday, your government - ours, Mashav - would like to procure your services. While I cannot give out specifics on what it is we want you to do, I can tell you that your particular skills would be most useful for one of our latest projects.

"I understand that your need for knowing will probably outweigh my statement that I cannot answer any questions, so I won't get upset if you do. Just don't be upset when I tell you that I cannot answer anything...here.

"With that said, I'd like to invite you all to accompany me to Nellis Air Force Base on the north side of town. Once there, you can be briefed on what it is we would like from you."

He stands up and motions for you to get into one of the two SUVs.
Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:31 am

Mashav wrote:"Many apolo-genes. I still have such problisms with your speeching."

Skookum does what passes for a smile with his toothy mouth - it probably looks more vicious than he intends. "Ngeh heh heh. Ungh... me too." He points at his toothy mouth. "Ng... not real good... for talking."

And I bite my damn tongue too much.

Agent Kim wrote:"...your particular skills would be most useful for one of our latest projects."

Killing. He means killing.

Agent Kim wrote:"With that said, I'd like to invite you all to accompany me to Nellis Air Force Base on the north side of town. Once there, you can be briefed on what it is we would like from you."

Skookum nods, and gestures to Mashav to enter one of the SUVs with him. He'll climb in, whether Mashav joins him or not... but if Mashav does, he smiles inwardly at his own private joke.

This is the speech impediment shortbus.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Caesar just stood back for a bit and let everyone talk. Being small of stature, it was relatively easy to let oneself become lost in the crowd. He knew that any questions he might have had would not be answered out on the street, so for the most part, he kept his tongue in check.

That being said, he knew it would be impossible not to say anything, as his inner smart ass would undoubtedly pipe up with some comment. That comment came at the end of Mr. Sunglasses’, Agent Kim’s, statement.

”Nellis?” He said, the question evident in his voice, but also a touch of mocking. ”I know it is the closer base, but I must admit to a bit of surprise that we aren’t going to Edwards.” He chuckles and continues, “Yes, I know that Edwards is a couple hundred miles away in California, while Nellis is just north of town, but Homey Airfield and Groom Lake are considered forward areas of Edwards are they not?” He looks at the others with a slightly mocking expression, and happens to be glancing at Skookum and Mashav when he says, ”For those who don’t know, Homey Airfield and Groom Lake have a much more popular name that they use, that of Area 51.”

He looks back and forth and says, ”On that note, since no real questions will be answered here, I suggest we be off.” He turns towards the second SUV, the one that Skookum had not crawled into, not because of who entered, but because it was closer to his location. As he approached the back, he sighed. Looking back at the agents he says, his voice dripping with a bit of scorn, ”I really appreciate the fact you left me no option to preserve my dignity here in trying to enter this entirely too tall vehicle.” It takes a bit of a leap, a leg up, a pull and a half crawl, but he manages, even with his stunted legs, to get into the back of the SUV. Strangely enough, it looks like his moves are practiced, and that he has had to do similar maneuvers before.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Revan

Postby Revan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:16 am

Tatyana smiled as she listened. A whole lot of nothing this one says. Sounds like bad information commercial.

Nevertheless she nods and climbs into one of the SUVs, offering a nod to the person she is riding with.

Return to “Evolution”