Wanger

The Centurions and the SLJ are busy washing their tights. Are you strong enough to stand guard against the coming storm?

Moderator: NMI

NMI

Wanger

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 pm

During your stay at the monastery with the Monks of the Sleeping Dragon, you learned about the various human rights atrocities from all around the world. Some of the worse, being right in your area of the world. They, as a going away gift provided you with the tools, weapons and equipment that you now have.

Making your way to Beijing China, capitol of human rights violations, you start looking for ways to help.

You are helping out at a food bank, serving the poor, needy masses of Beijing when a little boys crying grabs your attention. instinctively, you ask him what is wrong and why is he crying.

Chinese-Boy-Crying.jpg

He tells you that some bad men took his friend into the parlor down the street, "The Flying Blood Tiger". You know the place and the gang that runs it fairly well as they tend to harass the patrons of the food pantry you are "working' at.

All of a sudden, you begin to hear shouts and small arms fire outside.

Genhuman

Re: Wanger

Postby Genhuman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:13 pm

► Show Spoiler

Perception: (7) +2 = 9
JICd20: 20
JICd100: 40

Wang Er stood behind the counter, a contented smile upon his face. Most people would have considered ladling out soup for the poor a trial, not to mention down right boring. Wang Er on the other hand, found it deeply fulfilling. He was helping out those who can’t help themselves. It was also the sort of repetitive task that he would have to engage in at the monastery, to ‘build character’ but what usually came to become a way of doing an active meditation, and building inner strength.

His meditation was interrupted by the young boy. He quickly hands his ladle off to another of the volunteers, the person seeming almost grateful that Wang Er would be the one to get involved and deal with it, rather than the task falling to them. He bends down to one knee, bringing himself to eye level with the boy. “What seems to be the problem little man.”

He listens to the boys story and says, “Well, let’s see what we can do to take care of your friend.” He stands and just as he looks at the door, the shouting, and gun shots ring out. He automatically puts a protective hand to the boy’s chest, making sure the boy stays back and out of harm’s way, then quickly moves towards the door to investigate, looking for the direction of the commotion. Unlike so many of the others, heads towards the commotion instead of running away.

He briefly thinks to himself, about how his teachings would indicate that involving oneself in a violent situation is the utmost foolishness, but then he also remembers his vow to get involved in the world. His thoughts clear on the matter, he seeks trouble.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Once you have stepped outside, it is not difficult determining the source of the commotion. Off to your left, towards the end of the block, you see 6 or so thugs shooting and shouting at some sort of "demon". Its appearance does not fit anything in your databanks.

104definitivetar.jpg

The creature has rips in its flesh It does not appear to be greatly affected by the wounds it is receiving. Other than throwing carts, a donkey, and misc other semi-large items, it is not attacking people - unless you count 2 downed thugs as people.

On top of the usual rolls, I need a HF roll vs HF 10

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:18 pm

► Show Spoiler

Perception: (1)+2=3.
Save vs. HF: (12)+6=18.
JICd20: (1)=1.
JICd100: (50)=50.

Wang Er mutters aloud to himself, “What in the 9 hells have the Yama Kings sent us this time.” After a brief pause as he scrutinizes the demonic form before him, he ventures, “Or did they send it at all?”

He looked at the fallen thugs. The gang members were not the nicest people, but they did enforce a semblance of order in the place. Of course, just because they did act as a sort of constabulary, didn’t mean that anyone who opposed them was bad either.

Wang Er walks forward with a determined stride. He gives a piercing whistle and shouts, “What is going on here? You all need to cease this disturbance at once.” His arms raised, he opens them to the side, as if by a mere gesture, he can part the combatants and cause them to stop.

That would have been sufficient to get everyone’s attention, and to cause the demon, if it was a demon, to focus upon him, or so his thinking went. However, the corrupted programming from the ship caused him to turn to the demon and rapidly spout out a semi-quote from a film. “Good morning. As a duly designated representative of the Beijing, Hebei Province and Country of China, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.”

Wang Er feels a slight bit of unease in his stomach when his lips utter lines he didn’t mean to say.

► Show Spoiler

JICAutododge: (6)+7=13.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:19 pm

The thugs stop for a couple of seconds as you make your "request" to stand down. The head on the monstrous, 9'-10' demon body turns to face you and roars a thunderous might.

A haziness starts to affect the air as the creature roars. Your fight or flight instincts kick and you deftly move out of the way as a wave of extremely intense heat blows past you. Fortunately, nothing appears to catch on fire.

Please provide an initiative roll.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:39 pm

► Show Spoiler

Action: 1 of 8
Perception: (13)+2=15.
Initiative: (13)+8=21.
JICd20: (2)=2.
JICd100: (91)=91

”Damn it. This would have worked better if it was just an overreaction by….I was hoping….” He doesn’t finish his mutters thoughts, at least not aloud but instead moves into action. He notices the long reach of the demon, and mutters instead, ”Who would have thought I needed to carry weapons out in the everyday world,” as he wished he had his staff with him. “Time to go with option 2.”

Wang Er quickly approached the demon, seemingly in a straight line, only to plant one foot, and start to whirl and turn, eventually ending up by trying to deliver a powerful blow to the midsection of the demon. “If I’m lucky, this should be a place he will feel it.”
► Show Spoiler

[Action: Closes with demon and attempts to connect with a kick, to see if he can even damage this monster with a normal attack.]

Strike (Kick): (14)+7=21.
JICDamage: (5,1,6)+33=45.
JICParry: (9)+10=19.
JICAuto-dodge: (18)+7=25.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 pm

As you charge at the beast, it charges at you though not very fast [SPD: 20] You do your little swivel and plant your foot square in its midsection. A gasp of air followed by a loud howl is made due to your powerful kick.

It swings its massive clawed hand at you, attempting to rip off your face and misses horribly.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:08 pm

► Show Spoiler

Actions: 2 of 8
Initiative: 21
Perception: (14)+2=16.
JICd20: (13)=13.
JICd100: (76)=76

“Damn it, I really didn’t want to hurt you,” Wang Er says as he continues to flow through his movies. ”If only you all would have stood down. Then again, if wishes were horse’s we’d all be eating steak,” he unconsciously mutters yet another quote. Pushing off from his successful kick, he reverses his spin and brings his leg around towards the back of the demon’s limb. ”Fall and surrender and this will all be over.”
► Show Spoiler

[Action: Called shot to demons leg, with the hope/intent of knocking him down and/or sweeping him off of his clawed feet.]

Strike (Kick): (12)+7=19.
JICDamage: (4,1,4)+33=42
JICParry: (9)+10=19.
JICAuto-Dodge: (7)+7=14.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 pm

The creature swats your kick away with one of its clawed hands. The other hand lunges for your throat, its claws fully extended.

Strike: 26 [18 natural]

The creature is quick, that is for sure! And it hits hard, its claws tearing at your throat.

Damage: 48

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:35 pm

► Show Spoiler

Actions: 3 of 8
Initiative: 21
Perception: (6)+2=8
JICd20: (9)=9.
JICd100: (34)=34.

”Damn it, I really didn’t want to hurt you!” he practically shouts as he grabs his upper chest, just below his throat, where the claw lines score his flesh. ”But you are showing me you consider this the best course of action.” Wang Er lets loose with a flurry of blows, mainly to distract until he can find the sweet spot and connect with another solid punch. ”I just hope you aren’t that young kid’s friend transformed.”

[Action: Deliver a punch to the demon where he can make it hurt]
► Show Spoiler

Strike: (13)+7=20.
Damage: (5,2)+33=40.
JICParry: (8)+10=18.
JICAutododge: (3)+7=10.

Status
Armor: None current
HP: (69)
SDC: (284)–48=236

More human than human.

Return to “Stormwatch”