Volatile - Intro

The Centurions and the SLJ are busy washing their tights. Are you strong enough to stand guard against the coming storm?

Moderator: NMI

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:36 am

Another day, another dollar is spent working a mine that you got permission from a local university to explore. You spend your time evenly between searching for unique geological formations and looking for a source of your abilities. Today is like no other. Dig, dig, dig. Collect samples, etc...

As you walk out of the mines and towards your one-man, makeshift camp, you notice that your cell phone is ringing. Placing your samples down properly and securely, you grab the phone and see that it is one of your research contact at Institute of Technology and Medical Advancement, John Vanders

mr blue.jpg


In quick, excited tone, Oh man, great you're alive. It means they haven't gotten to you yet. They fucking destroyed the lab. Well most of it. John pauses as you can hear the sound of what appears to be a bottle of some kind. A couple of seconds later, he returns. Listen man, watch your ba..... and the call gets cut off.

Looking at the phone, the signal appears to have dropped.

[With your reply, plus include 2D20 rolls. Add to one of them, your PERCEPTION bonus, if any. Also include a 1D100 roll. I don't need links to the rolls.

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 pm

(Appropriate picture, nice. 2D20 Rolls (no perception bonus) were 10 then a 3. 1D100 Roll was a 93.)

Normally not a paranoid person, however... because of his medicine it comes all too easy. Thomas immediately changes into Volatile then turns his cell phone off and removes the battery; he then places the phone and battery into his pack. Then he turns and shuts down his laptop and removes its battery, also placing it in his pack.

(I presume it is still daylite at this point and will proceed as such. I will also proceed my pack will be too much weight to change with me into APS Mercury. So does that mean I will change and my pack will remain on my back but 'normal'?)

Will go about as quickly as possible (funny coming from someone with sonic speed) packing up his items and gear and placing them into his pack, all except his his tent. He will remain inside and under cover of the tent until dark. Until then he will contemplate what possible causality chain he could have caused to come into being. While contemplating he will discreetly keep watch, and listen, from inside his tent with his pack within reach should he need to bolt. Will make a small cut, with a finger reshaped into a scalpel blade, in the other 3 sides of the tent to be able to check the other approaches to the tent.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:19 pm

[Correct, your pack does not change with you.]

Time passes, about 2 or so hours. Nothing out of the ordinary happens or approaches you and your position. Until now...

As you begin to contemplate leaving the protection of your tent, you hear AND feel the ground begin to rumble. It sounds likes it is coming from nearby, just south of you --- the direction of the mine itself.


[Going forward, always respond with 2 D20 rolls and 1 D100 roll]

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 pm

(D20 14, D20 16, d100 55)

Picks up his pack and puts it on his liquid metal form before he sprints (normal sprint speed to avoid kicking up a trail of dust and dirt) out of the tent and several hundred feet away, stopping behind a larger boulder; a boulder that stuck out in his mind because it looked a little like one of the Easter Island statues. Will then alter the form of his neck and head to peak around the rock, giving at little to be seen as possible, and look toward the unknown mercuric sulfide mine. Trying to see what is causing the seismic event, if there is anything to see there is. (500' Nitevision. Does this feel like an earthquake?)
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:32 pm

You run out of the tent and duck behind a large boulder as the ground rumbles around you. It does "sorta" feel like an earthquake. You stretch out your head and neck to see past the boulder and look towards the mine you were working. From the mouth of the cave, you see man walking out without a care in the world. Roughly 6' tall, stocky build, black hair, sunglasses, leather biker jacket, jeans and work boots.

The man pulls out a cigarette and lights it. Looking up. As he does this, the rumbling stops and a large plume of smoke, dust and debris from the mouth of the cave shoots out behind him with the opening collapsing.

Looking up, he stares in your direction.

[If you are going to attack, I will need the usual rolls, plus initiative]

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

[19:16:25] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 8 = 8
[19:16:25] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 20 = 20
[19:16:50] Sittingbull:
(1d100) 23 = 23

*Debates with himself, for a moment, on whether to engage this person in conversation or take off for different parts. Volatile decides on a borderline medium. Turning his body, so it is facing the direction opposite the collapsed mine; Volatile pulls his head back behind the rock and does a quick look around the darkening landscape, with his superior vision/nitevision, before peeking back around the rock at the figure and speaking.*

"Hello. Who has come calling at this hour, waking up the residents of this quiet town and those on duty at the United States Geological Survey? One might want to exercise caution, with underground demolitions, along this coast."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:32 pm

(No love for Volatile? I'm kidding. I figure you ran out of time NMI, or are figuring something out, before you can post.)
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I forgot. Will get you taken care of tonight.

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 pm

(No problem ^^ )
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:20 pm

[except for the gun, this is who/what you see coming out of the mine you were working]
tumblr_static_bb8nmpciiaaxdwh.jpg


He chuckles, takes a puff of his cigarette and exhales a few perfectly formed smoke rings. Continuing to walk in your general direction, he says "Underground demolitions? Like this one just now? Or the one from about 2 weeks ago? Yeah, I know about those. I should. I caused them." You remember this last one as 3 miners were killed and a dozen or so visitors/students/etc were injured. Please roll a HF save vs 14.

He then takes his cigarette and flicks it in your direction. As he does this, the ground beneath the sailing cigarette starts to rip open in a line towards you.

Please keep in mind, if you fail your HF check [vs HF 14], you will automatically lose initiative and your first action. Either way, you need to make the following rolls:

HF save vs 14
Initiative

Just post those, no actions or anything, just the results of these 2 rolls.


Return to “Stormwatch”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest