Volatile - Intro

The Centurions and the SLJ are busy washing their tights. Are you strong enough to stand guard against the coming storm?

Moderator: NMI

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:16 am

[00:15:02] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 10 = 10

(Failed horror factor so no need to roll initiative.)
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 am

[You lose initiative and your 1st attack]

The earth rips open as the cigarette flies in the air and hitting the ground. As the opening in the ground hits the boulder you are hiding behind, it [the boulder] explodes outward, peppering the area with rubble. In fact, it explodes with such force that you 16 points SDC damage [reduce the form you are in provides resistance to explosive damage]

It would be your turn to act, but due to the failed HF roll, you lose your first action.

The man makes an upward motion with his hand and a portion of the rubble floats up and hurls itself at you.

Strike: 15
Damage [if you fail to defend]: 20 [again, reduce all damage appropriately if your form permits it]

Provide a defense roll and your action.

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Explosions do 10% damage. SDC at 298.

autododge
[22:02:12] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 8 = 8+11 » 19

perception JIC
[22:03:04] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 7 = 7

d100 JIC
[22:16:27] Sittingbull:
(1d100) 90 = 90

Volatile, after dodging the shotgun blast of rubble, speaking to this stranger.

"Well, as much as this has been a groundbreaking meeting, I must bid you farewell."

With that, Volatile takes off away from the stranger, heading in a false direction at first. A trail of dirt flying up as Volatile takes off at 350 miles per hour. If that goes as plans, after a 5 mins, Volatile will alter course and decrease speed to 100 mile per hours; heading for San Francisco.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:12 pm

As you take your first few steps to run from the scene, the ground rips open and a series of columns shoot skyward about 10-20' tall.

As I assume, you are going to do your best to evade the situation, ie: dodge/run far, far away, provide me with 3 dodge rolls. This is to dodge the series of columns shooting up to block your path.

Strike 6
Strike 23
Strike 6

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 pm

[22:40:47] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 4 = 4+11 » 15
[22:40:52] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 3 = 3+11 » 14
[22:40:56] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 9 = 9+11
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 pm

(Excuse the lack of colorful text, my wife passed away this morning, so I am running on reduced brainpower.)
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
NMI
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby NMI » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:01 pm

You dodge the first pillar that shoots out of the ground but the 2nd one hits you, knocking you to your feet. You instinctively turn to your liquid mercury form and you pool to the ground without injury and just as quick, you reform, not losing much in the way of momentum and continue your run away from this villain that calls himself "Quake".

You eventually make it to San Francisco. Once there, you head to the university where your friend works. Once on the scene, you can see that the police, including the sheriff's office, SWAT and a squad of S.C.R.E.T. are on scene. You find a spot in the crowd of onlookers to survey the site without bringing too much attention to yourself. About 10 minutes later, as people come and go [mostly come and watch] someone just in front of you has a tablet that they are watching a a video on Youtube of what appears to be an assault on the your friends office building.

The video displays 8 individuals wearing advanced looking military grade body armor, metallic arms and assault weapons. 4 rush inside the building as the remaining 4 hold the perimeter by shooting towards anyone in the area, tossing a car on its side... yes, tossing a car on its side. The man holding the tablet touches the display and text starts to appear [without him typing]

Those soldiers were looking for something or someone in your friends lab. My organization is not sure what or who yet, but we are working on it. If your friend contacted you, you are in danger. They will come for you. My people can protect you, but only if you come with me.


The screen changes. You see the outside of your residence.... with smoke pouring out of the windows and flames shooting out of the roof.

They will isolate you and run you to the ground. Your gifts might not be enough. So, if you want to live, come with me.
. You see a slight smirk develop at the speaking of that last part. At no point did the man physically type on the tablet or even talk.

Reluctantly and without much choice as you have nowhere to go, you figure you might as well go with this guy and see if you can get to the bottom of this. Once you agree with to go with this guy, he verbally says "Ariel, bodyslide by 2 on my mark... 1, 2 and mark!" Your body and the body of the other man begin to fade out similar to a Star Trek teleport.

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Thomas, will hitch his backpack up a little more, and prepare for whatever 'bodyslide' is. Looking around and hoping no one else will notice but also wondering where they will appear.

perception
[19:12:13] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 6 = 6
jic save
[19:12:19] Sittingbull:
(1d20) 13 = 13
jic d100
[19:12:22] Sittingbull:
(1d100) 99 = 99
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sittingbull
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Smithfield, VA

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 pm

(My residence?)
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight


Return to “Stormwatch”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest