Volatile

The Centurions and the SLJ are busy washing their tights. Are you strong enough to stand guard against the coming storm?

Moderator: NMI

Sittingbull

Re: Volatile

Postby Sittingbull » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 pm

Sorry, I always try to stick to world events for character backgrounds (ocd). I'll make something up.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:37 am

Adjusted.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:37 am

Since there is no way a 1st level mutant could have 2 MAJORS and 2 minors, that makes you an "Experiment" as they can get up to 3 MAJORs. Figure you traded in 1 MAJOR for 2 minors and your # of powers is legit.

I will handle any issues with the evil mega-corporation that had a hand in... err wait, ignore that :-)

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:24 pm

That is why I has labeled him an experiment, sorry.
The Dark Knight

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:11 am

Waking up to a new day. Thomas slowly gets out of his cot, his joints rebelling and resisting. Reaching for his medicinal aids, he quickly got the medicine into his system; helping with his chronic pain. Then Thomas continued with getting up and getting dressed. Grabbing a bottle of water, out of the cooler, before sitting down at his computer and turning it on.

Checking the local seismic readings and then the news for Los Angeles and San Diego, for any crimes or disasters. Finding the morning quiet for once, Thomas decides, after finishing his water and some granola bars, to head for where he has had started digging his personal mine. Using his powers to help offset the one man work force, also not to mention that the tunnel need only be big enough to measure roughly 1 foot in diameter at most. Once Thomas actually reaches the vein of mercuric sulfide then he will take samples to take back to camp.
The Dark Knight

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm

After entering this activities for the day in his journal, he will shut his laptop down; grabbing the samples from the mercuric sulfide vein, Thomas will head out to the college where he got his PHD, Stanford in San Francisco. Heading up the coastal road, to the enjoy the view along the way. Once at Stanford and after changing back to human, will look up his old geology professor and borrow some time on his equipment to analyze the samples, for the few hours before the college closes.

After leaving the college, Thomas will check the local news on his smartphone in case there is anything that needs some super help. Thomas finds a building fire downtown, 3 alarm fire, but there are people still trapped on the upper floors. Thomas mentally lays out the directions to get there, puts away his phone, changes into his mercury form, and speeds off toward the fire.

Upon arriving at the 10 story building, Thomas (Volatile) stops nexts to the Captain. "Where are the people still trapped in the building?" The Captain, not bothering to look at who's asking, answers. "We have people trapped on the 9th and 10th floors." When the Captain turns to look at who asked Volatile is gone.

Volatile moves to the side of the building with the fire escape and moves up it like water flowing. Flowing around open outbreaks of fire and helping him scale the floors faster. Upon reaching the 9th floor, Volatile flows in through a broken out window and under the fire coming out the window. Volatile begins slithering along the floor, for best view under the smoke, looking for the people still on this floor.

He finds a mother with two children hiding in a bedroom, as the only trapped people on the 9th floor. Making a face form out of his slithering form he addresses them. "Follow me, I'll get you out of there!" Volatile resumes human form, with an extra pair of arms, while giving them instructions. "Tie something over your mouths and stay low while keeping a hold of my hands." After they get their mouths covered Volatile takes each of them by the hand and, moving low, leads them as quickly as possible back to the window he came in through. Using a free arm to form a shield to block the flames he ushers them through the window and onto the fire escape, following them out. Once outside, he forms himself around the three of them in the form of crude harnesses and begins carrying them down the side of the fire escape until he gets them down to the ground. Once the firemen have them Volatile returns back up the fire escape.

Oozing into the 10th floor through a window, Volatile searches the floor and finds an elderly couple on oxygen. "Remain calm. I'm here to help and will get you out of here. Close your eyes might be best too, I might be moving fast." Volatile picks each of them up, using one set of arms for each of them, and steps out into the hallway. His superior vision revealing the roof of a building, threw the window, across the way. Throwing two quick bolts of mercury to shatter the window, Volatile then takes off, leaps through the window, clears the gap between the window and the roof of the building, he saw across the way. Landing with the elderly couple safely intact, he then takes them slowly down that buildings fire escape and delivers them to the medical personnel on scene.

Volatile, after making sure the elderly couple and the mother with the 2 kids are ok, returns to the Captain. "The trapped people on the 9th and 10th floors are safe now." Then not waiting for a reply Volatile takes off heading back for Landing. His enhanced healing abilities having him mostly back to normal by the time he gets back home. Returning to human form and gingerly sitting down, Thomas partakes of his natural medicine to help with the chronic pain before he lays down for the nite.
The Dark Knight

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:28 am

The next morning, a Saturday, Thomas will get up and partake of his herbal medicine. Then Thomas will get dressed, check his emails, pull up the directions to New Idria and jot down the directions on a piece of paper before turning his laptop off. Turning into Volatile he will then take off and head for New Idria. The trip would normally take him just under an hour but, along the way, he keeps stopping to help people in need along the way. Helping a family with a particular stubborn flat tire, helping emergency rescue with rescuing two people from a couple of mangle cars of a pile up, and stopping a hijacking of an 18 wheeler, by 4 men, that had pulled over for a mandatory rest break.

Finally arriving in New Idria 2 hours after he started, Volatile is greeted by the sight of the ghost town that was one New Idria. Making his way to the mine, Volatile heads into the mine in search of samples, that look like they are from around the same time as the quake of Landers, to compare to the samples he had already collected from the publicly unknown Lander's mercuric sulfide vein.
The Dark Knight

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Volatile travels deeper into the abandoned mines; sticking to the follow right wall approach, to not get lost. Taking his time and wondering what it would have been like for people to have been working these mines back in the late 60's. When he finally finds a vein of mercuric sulfide, that looks like it suffered geological damage from the same period, he will reform his right hand into a pick and work off a baseball size chunk of the mineral; not finding a vein, that looks to have the matching geological damage, by 1pm (assuming same time of year in game as out of game/having searched 2 hours today) he will work his way back out.

Once back out of the abandoned mine, Volatile will take off and return to his modest dwellings in Landers. Stopping along the way to help with a truck stop robbery and helping some firefighters stop the advance of a brush fire that was threatening a housing development. Finally returning home empty handed and crashing, mentally tired; returning to human form. Thomas gladly once again feels the relief of his medicine enter his system before he flops back on his bed and drifts off to sleep.
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:48 am

Going to start your intro first...

Sittingbull

Re: Volatile - Intro

Postby Sittingbull » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:57 am

Characters pictures.
Attachments
download.jpg
Volatile.
download.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 440 times
mmb139_595.jpg
Thomas in human form.
mmb139_595.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 440 times
The Dark Knight

Return to “Stormwatch”