Volatile

The Centurions and the SLJ are busy washing their tights. Are you strong enough to stand guard against the coming storm?

Moderator: NMI

Sittingbull

Volatile

Postby Sittingbull » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 pm

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
----------------------------------------
- Full Name: Thomas Blackwell
- Nicknames: Speed Metal
- Codename: Volatile

- Date of Birth: Jun 28th 1992 04:57 am
- Place of Residence: Earth
- Place of Birth: Landers, California
- Nationality: American
- Father: John Blackwell
- Mother: Mary Blackwell
- Brother(s): none
- Sister(s): none
- Other relations: none

- Height: 6 feet
- Weight: 175 pounds
- Hair Color: none, shaved bald
- Eye color: silver
- Disposition: paternal

- Distinguishing Features: silver eyes
- Brief Physical Description: Older male and in shape.
- Alignment: Scrupulous

John and Mary Blackwell were meditating in the Integratron in Landers, CA when the Lander earthquake happened. The earthquake sent Mary into immediate contractions and gave birth to her only child, Thomas, in the Integratron. Unbeknownst to anyone, at that time, an undiscovered mercury mine lay underneath Landers and was greatly disturbed by the quake.

Thomas grew up a normal child aside from having silver eyes and beginning signs of chronic pain. In college he pursued the sciences, skills to help him survive in the wild, and physical skills to help him be in shape and survive in the wild. His interests being focuses on geology and how his powers came to be. His chronic pain and its treatment of it, have made him into a little bit of hippie. His powers manifested early in college, where he balanced his studies and helping others. After college he returned to Landers and researched/explored the surrounding area and discovering the mercury vein. The scientist in him wanting to understand how what had happened to him. Also, from Landers, he continued to help others with his enhanced speed.

ATTRIBUTES:
IQ - 12
ME - 11
MA - 12
PS - 18 (28 in APS mercury)
PP - 23
PE - 19
PB - 9
SPD - 29

- Hit Points: 33
- S.D.C.: 161
- Experience Level: 1

SUPER ABILITIES:
- Super Abilities: Experiment/exposure to unknown quantity/chronic pain

(APS Mercury is the parent power to all other powers. If not in APS Mercury then has access to none of his powers.)

Major APS Mercury (page 41 PU3 but no breathing necessary) and Sonic Speed
Minor Healing Factor and Extraordinary Physical Prowess

HAND TO HAND COMBAT:
- Attacks Per Melee Round: 7
- Strike Bonus: +5
- Parry Bonus: +11
- Dodge Bonus: +8
- Roll With Punch/Fall Bonus: +10
- Pull Punch Bonus: +3
- Initiative Bonus: +5
- Damage: +13
- Other Bonuses Of Note: auto-dodge +11, does not fatigue, nitevision 500', 5 times better than human vision,

SKILLS:
Basic Skills
- Math basic: 45
- Pilot Auto-mobile: 60
- Speak american: (75 or 98)
- Read/Write american: 98

Scholastic skills PHD Geology
-hth expert
boxing
athletics general
-computer operation 65
advanced mathematics 70
chemistry 55
geology +25
botany 50
biology 55
-wilderness survival 55
identify plants and fruits 50
land navigation 61
preserve food 50
skin and prepare animal hides 55
-body building and weight lifting
climbing 65
prowl 47
running

Secondary Skills
-hunting
-cooking 35
-wp targeting +1p
-wp knife +1t
-streetwise 15
-holistic medicine 15
-sewing 40
-research 45
-swimming 45

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
- Interests: Geology and his powers origins.

- Quirks: Is a supporter of milder illegal drugs due to his chronic pain.

- Religion: Christian

- Psychological background: (Not sure what to put here.)

Equipment of note:

Laptop and smartphone.
Last edited by Sittingbull on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

NMI

Re: Volatile

Postby NMI » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Looks good so far.

You obviously need to finish calculating your skill percentages.

Also, you DO get to combine your Auto-Dodge bonuses - Sonic Speed, Extra-Ordinary PP AND the bonus from your PP itself +4

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Understood on the auto-dodge bonus so I figured error on the low side. Please excuse the way I do skills but I will list final percentages for you here.

I have a facial picture for him but I have not learned how to post a picture in this chat medium.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:42 am

Code: Select all

[img]Inset URL to image here[/img]

Also need you to list your PS while in Mercury form.

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Oh sorry. I will make that adjustment.
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:47 pm

You also need to make the characters date of birth at least 1981 otherwise, you are going to be like 54 yrs old. I did state in the setting briefing, that this game would be somewhere in 2025-2030.

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I will try to find a later date but the date has to be the date of a major earthquake in california and also when one of California's mercury mines are still open.

Although, with healing factor and his style of living, being 54 might not be that much of a disadvantage. If the age is a problem for you, let me know. Running out of data on my phone and not finding much in the way of strong earthquakes in the time frame, I'm looking for, in San Francisco (the only, as I read, semi-open mercy mine in California).
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:33 am

I would prefer that he is not that old.

As for actual earthquakes, it doesn't have to be a real one. It can be fictitious. (ie: does not have to be real)

Quick google search turns up the following major Californian earthquakes...

Loma Prieta: October 17th, 1989
Magnitude: 6.9
The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred in Northern California on October 17 at 5:04 p.m. local time. The shock was centered in The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park approximately 10 mi (16 km) northeast of Santa Cruz on a section of the San Andreas Fault System and was named for the nearby Loma Prieta peak in the Santa Cruz Mountains. With a moment magnitude of 6.9 and a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent), the shock was responsible for 63 deaths and 3,757 injuries. The Loma Prieta segment of the San Andreas Fault System had been relatively inactive since the 1906 San Francisco earthquake (to the degree that it was designated a seismic gap) until two moderate foreshocks occurred in June 1988 and again in August 1989.

Landers; June 28th, 1992
Magnitude: 7.3
This early morning quake with an epicenter near the southern California town of Landers shifted the ground horizontally as much as 18 feet (5.5 meters) and vertically as much as 5.9 feet (1.8 meters). Three people died and more than 400 were injured. The shaking was felt throughout southern California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah, as far north as Idaho, east to New Mexico and Colorado.

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:34 pm

But are there are no mercury mines still open in california at these times. I will have to rethink how the character came to be.
The Dark Knight

NMI

Postby NMI » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:51 pm

It's a game. Make shit up

Return to “Stormwatch”