Roll 4D6, drop the lowest die.
Do this "9" times. Drop the lowest set.
The remaining are you stats. You may place in any order.
As usual, if the remaining 3D6 roll generates an attribute of 16-18, then roll 1D6 and it add it. If the result of the 1D6 is a "6", then roll one last 1D6. No more! Highest starting attribute before skills, powers, enhancements, etc is 30.
Create character as a 1st level PC.
Provide me an exceptionally thought out background and you might get +1 level.
First person to eventually get me a completed PC will also gain a level.
Hand to Hand Selections
The usual - None, Basic, Expert, Martial Arts and Commando [if you need stats for Commando, ask me]
Basic counts as one skill whether taken as part of a program or not.
Expert counts as 2 skills
Both basic and expert can be purchased with secondary skills or taken as part of a program.
Hand to Hand Martial Arts -- Must be taken as part of the Espionage program or Physical Program [2 skills] or Upgraded from HtH Basic from Law Enforcement or Military @ cost of 2 skills
If upgrading from L.E. or Military, you may use secondary skills.
You can take a hand to hand from Rifts Japan if you upgrade your hand to hand to Martial Arts first and spend 4 skills [secondarys or part of a program]. You get full bonuses of the Martial Art Form.
Acceptable Character Classes
Allowed Power Categories From HU2
• Aliens - Depending on the various selections, I will need to approve first.
• Bionics – Character should have a Military, Police or Corporate background with the skills to back it up. Espionage background is acceptable for a light conversion borg. Items from Robotics, Galaxy Guide, Rifts, Bionics Sourcebook can be chosen. Individual “norms” can also acquire limited partial enhancements/limb replacement.
• Experiment – Rolled as normal. GM [NMI] has final approval on the ONE minor power selection. Specifically this is the Super Soldier on pages 118-119 of the HU2 corebook.
• Hardware – Mechanics gets no penalty to Robot Mechanics, Electrical no penalty to Robot Electronics, Analytical gets 1/2 [-20%] penalty to either.
• Mutants - No Zombie Flesh. No Mega-Heroes. Some power combinations might get rejected. Powers from Black Vault Wiki will be allowed on a case by case basis and with possible alterations.
• Physical Training – may select any of the new combat forms created by Mephisto
• Psionics – Only person will be allowed to be Psionic. Themed psychics from Rifts “might” be allowed.
• Robotics – Items from Bionics, Galaxy Guide, Rifts, Bionics Sourcebook can be chosen.
• Special Training – any and all. Can also select from these creations.
Allowed Power Categories from Powers Unlimited 2nd
• Eugenics – will be allowed on a very limited basis. Most options that produce “super abilities” will be denied. All builds must be done with costs/bonuses/penalties from the 2nd printing of this book. Budget will be limited as well.
• Super Invention – will be allowed as well depending on abilities wanted/form.
• Minor Heroes – will be allowed as long as they are tied to one of the above permitted classes. Exceptions may or may not be considered.
• Super Soldier – Will be allowed, but some combinations of powers/selections/etc may earn a grumble. Again, no Zombie Flesh
• Ancient Weapon Master – Allowed as is. Weapons may be hi-tech or traditional.
- Natural Genius – Will be allowed. Though starting skill programs will be modified.
- Start with 3 Disciplines
- Gain 1 discipline at the stated levels
- May purchase additional disciplines at the cost of 1 [one] skill program
- Maximum of 3 disciplines may be purchased
- # of skill programs = 1 program +1 per 5 points of IQ [minimum 4 programs]
- A martial art from Rifts Japan/China may be purchased at the cost of 1 program. Choosing this counts as the 4 physical skills a Natural Genius can have.
Level of Education
You may choose your level of education to fit your concept. HOWEVER -- I would prefer NOT to see all Military Specialists and PhD's!
If the language skill is take as part of a program or as a starting skill, it will include the literacy for the language as well.
If you take language as a secondary skill, it will NOT include literacy.