I'm Back...And Looking For Some Action

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Vigil

Re: I'm Back...And Looking For Some Action

Postby Vigil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:31 pm

You are a walking Y2K bug.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Yes, but if the PC only has a street eduction, and doesn't even have computer operation as a skill, it is doubtful he would know all of this. You can manipulate clocks, yes. First you have to know they are there.....with PC knowledge, not player knowledge.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Not to get too deep into the argument, but even a street educated PC is going to know that a cell phone has a clock. How? It has the time on it, more than likely on its lock screen. Same with a car - every car radio has a clock displayed prominently on it.

But this is a discussion for if someone would end up with Clock Manipulation.

@Vigil: Yes I am. If I had the power in real life...woof.

So it seems like there's 2 people who are interested. If I can get a 3rd, I'll ask Jeff for a forum and start getting stuff organized.
Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Revan

Postby Revan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:26 am

Tentatively interested. I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:23 pm

So that makes...2.5 people interested. I'd really like to have 3 committed, but if Vigil and Genhuman are ok with just 2 people confirmed and 1 possible, I can get started on this.

Thoughts?

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm fine with it.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:27 am

So I sent NMI a PM asking for a forum to be set up. Once he gets that done, I will post up the full/formal ruleset to be used. A quick overview, in the event you guys are chomping at the bit to get a headstart:

• Attributes are going to be 4d6, rolling only a single bonus die for a score of 16 or higher. Yes, you can very well end up with a 30, but you can also end up with a 4. I feel this gives a greater weight to attributes and how special supers are.
  • You can select whichever power category you want. Once you select the power category, however, I'd prefer you to roll the dice for just about everything. I do have some updated rules for some stuff, such as eugenics budgets and robotic completeness, but I'll get into that later.
  • When rolling Super Powers, roll for all that you get. Once you get the powers, you can either keep the entire set, or switch out some to get a better set. You have to keep at least one of the powers you rolled, and the powers you switch out for should have a theme.
  • No Mega-Heroes.
  • The Natural Genius is available for use.
  • Some powers are going to be banned, others will be changed. For example, Clock Manipulation is now a Major power, not a Minor. So if you roll Clock Manipulation, it either counts as one of your Majors OR you have to reroll it.

That's the general idea, anyhow. Really basic, in the event you want to get started. Full set of rules will go up once the forum is available!

Revan

Postby Revan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm going to try to play. You may have to get at me once in a while to post and if I'm slowing the game down to much feel free to kick me out.

Sittingbull

Postby Sittingbull » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:24 pm

*Looks over his shoulder in interest.*
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
The Dark Knight

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

I was thinking on perhaps asking what others might be playing, and then going from there, but perhaps they are doing the same as well. lol
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”