I'm Back...And Looking For Some Action

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Scarecrow71

I'm Back...And Looking For Some Action

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Some of you here may remember me, some of you may not. Either way, I am the gamer formerly known as Severus Snape, and after quite the major hiatus from this site (primarily due to my arrogance, insolence, and general douche-baggity-ness), I have returned. Why the name change? Several reasons, not the least of which is that my old email address was hacked and I had to drop it and get a new one. So requesting a password reset wouldn't have worked. Not to mention that accounts were wiped when the migration to the new boards happened, so I felt that a new start with a new face would be a good thing.

So why am I here? Why did I decide to come back? Gaming. Specifically, Heroes Unlimited. The PBP board that is my current site of choice has a very limited Palladium community within it, and even when HU/Rifts games pop up they lack...substance. They are all very simple "Create a Palladium character, go into this place, wait for 3 weeks, GM flakes, etc.". And because I have some very good memories of the people I played with here years ago, I decided to come back - tail between my legs, apology in hand to someone whom I was very ugly to - and see if I haven't burned too many bridges.

So what do I wish to do? Run an HU game. Take a couple of the hooks from the GM's book and run a couple of players through them. As a start, to get my feet wet with the system again. I have matured as a GM, and I'm less inclined to railroad players now than I was a couple years ago, letting the players dictate which hook(s) they want to follow and which one(s) they don't. I still have several major story arcs to play with, and one of them would end up being the primary goal. But sprinkled with little arcs here and there, letting players decide what's best for them.

And so, we come to my asking you: Is anyone interested? Are there enough people left here, active, who want to give me a chance to redeem myself, as a gamer, GM, and person?
Jesus saves. Everybody else takes full damage.

Genhuman

Re: I'm Back...And Looking For Some Action

Postby Genhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Well, as I was not part of these particular boards back when whatever it is happened, I for one am willing to give a shot. For the moment, I will restrain myself from peppering you with questions about power levels, pc creation criteria and all of the other myriad questions one spews forth when new games come around.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Interested. Welcome back. :D

Vigil

Postby Vigil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 pm

Genhuman, Snape/Scarecrow ran one of the best HU campaigns I've ever been in (which was published in the Rifter) - Dawn of a New Era. Hugely fun.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Well, I certainly look forward to giving it a go then, if he will have me. Of course, now I do want to know about power level and creation criteria so I can get a head start. lol

More human than human.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:43 pm

@Genhuman: If this gets off the ground, it's going to be completely random for character generation. Attributes, Power Category, Powers - anything that you can roll dice for will require a dice roll.

@Vigil: I know you. :)

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Egads. 100% random. Looks like I will have an 8 iq, 98 lb weakling with color control and clock manipulation again.

More human than human.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:54 pm

There is nothing wrong with Clock Manipulation. In the right hands, it's the single-most dangerous power that exists. Period. I'm on record as stating it should be a Major power, and even then it should be toned down.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Just because you can screw up all the computer systems and defeat time lock vaults.... :P

More human than human.

Scarecrow71

Postby Scarecrow71 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Genhuman wrote:Just because you can screw up all the computer systems and defeat time lock vaults.... :P

And shut down robots. And crack national defense computers and satellites. And overclock cell phones so they don't work. And overheat car engines.

Remember that almost everything in the modern age has some kind of clock in it. The applications for Clock Manipulation are nearly limitless.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”