Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to setting)?

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Genhuman

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Genhuman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Some differences you will encounter...

Attributes:
The races get more bonuses than they did in 3.5 and even humans get a +2 bonuse at start to an attribute.

Skills:
In 3.5, you started out with 4x your class skill numbers(+int bonus) at first level, and you filled in accordingly based upon class and cross class skills. Pathfinder does it differently. Instead, you get 1x your class skill numbers(+int bonus), and any class skills that you have a rank in, you get a +3 bonus instead.

They also combined spot and listen into one skill, percption... Hide and move silently into Stealth, small things like that.

Classes:
Some of the classes got some minor upgrades in abilities as well, or they reworked the mechanic slightly to make if flow a bit easier.

Now, don't worry if you don't know much about the world, as I am pretty much in the same boat with you there. All of the pathfinder I have ever done, has either been in a homebrew world, or in the Greyhawk D&D world, or Forgotten Realms (Just using pathfinder rule set). I have never ventured in Galorian (or whatever the name of the place is)
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Xamusel

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Xamusel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Don't worry, you won't have to worry about Golarion's geopolitical scene, all things considered. I'll be sure to keep things in perspective for you guys.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Xamusel wrote:Don't worry, you won't have to worry about Golarion's geopolitical scene, all things considered. I'll be sure to keep things in perspective for you guys.

Actually, I am not worried in the slightest. Nothing is quite so much fun.... sometimes... as coming in and running roughshod over someone's sacred cow, due to ignorance. As long as it's in good fun of course. (eyes the ban-hammer in NMI's hand with some concern :? )

More human than human.

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Is that so? I can accept it being in good fun, obviously, but you might not have much of a choice once you reach the second checkpoint of the campaign.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:12 pm

I think I am definately going to have to work on my sense of humor :D

More human than human.

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:26 pm

...more like I need to work on my understanding of others' senses of humor.

Dijarian

Postby Dijarian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Is it ok to post my character in the game thread?

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Let me get back to you on that one... need to make sure we're on the same page.

EDIT: Yes, you can do so, Dijarian.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 am

Already posted mine

More human than human.

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Good thing I saw that.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”