Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to setting)?

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Xamusel

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Xamusel » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks for the messages, you guys. I deeply appreciate that you're getting closer to done with this, and that we can get started about ASAP.

Revan

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Revan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:01 am

Need another day or two to finish. I'm still new at making characters Pathfinder

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Right. I'll wait for everyone to be done with what they need to do.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Human Sorcerer....err Sorceress has been sent via PM. I hope it's clear enough in it's layout. Any questions, feel free to ask. If approved, when we get a board for this game, I will then post it there.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Right. Thank you, Genhuman, for what you're doing.

I'll check the PM right now.

Dijarian

Postby Dijarian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:47 pm

@xamusel, I just was thinking about it, but are going with traits? I just got the players guide but have not had a chance to look through it. I am assuming their may be some setting specific traits there.

Are we selecting traits?

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes, actually, you are allowed to select traits.

Dijarian

Postby Dijarian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 pm

As I'm only using the reference document on the Paizo site and don't have the book, could you tell me the rules for selecting traits? Or refer me to a link in the reference doc?

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Okay... let me refresh myself on the rules right now.

Dijarian

Postby Dijarian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 pm

I found this on the reference document page

There are a few rules governing trait selection. To begin with, your GM controls how many bonus traits a PC begins with; the default assumption is two traits. When selecting traits, you may not select more than one from the same list of traits (the four basic traits each count as a separate list for this purpose). Certain types of traits may have additional requirements, as detailed in the section above.

If you're allowing two as listed above I'd like to choose:

From the Trait section of the Advanced Player's Guide
Anatomist: You have studied the workings of anatomy, either as a student at university or as an apprentice mortician or necromancer. You know where to aim your blows to strike vital organs, and you gain a +1 trait bonus on all rolls made to confirm critical hits.

and

From the Campaign Traits section of Reign of Winter Player's Guide
Northern Ancestry: One of your parents came from the North, and the tales of the frozen lands at the top of the world that you grew up listening to excited your imagination. Alternatively, maybe one of your ancestors passed on the blood of some frost-rimed creature. You feel most alive during the chill of winter, and as a child, you spent hours playing in the snow. You rarely feel the cold, and you’ve always had a restless longing to travel north. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Fortitude saves, as well as cold resistance 2; this resistance does not stack with cold resistance gained from any other source.

Pending your approval for these two traits, I'll go ahead and add them to my character sheet.
Last edited by Dijarian on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”