Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to setting)?

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Xamusel

Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to setting)?

Postby Xamusel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:06 pm

You see, I'm a somewhat active GM for the Pathfinder campaign setting, though the most I've ever managed to do is GM for the same group of people for two campaigns set on Golarion (the main planet of the campaign setting). Overall, though, I wish to expand my ability to GM for the games I have access to. Therefore, with that in mind, I appeal to you guys to help me get better as a GM.

Well... dang it, I have no idea what I'm supposed to say in this topic, since I'm doing this for the first time here. If only someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong (if I actually am doing something wrong)... welp, in any case, here's the base info I'll give for the game.

When is this set in Golarion's/Earth's history?: This is set in the summer of the year 4713 AR (Absalom Rising)/2013 Anno Domini, around the time a queen of the country of Irrisen is supposed to be replaced by her mother for another of her sisters.

Who is this mother replacing one daughter for another?: That would be Baba Yaga... no, seriously, Baba Yaga is in this setting.

What other details about the game are you able to tell us?: Well... that depends. What details are you guys interested in knowing?

How about the number of players in this game?: Oh, right, I'm looking for a bare minimum of four players. I can work with more, but the game itself works with four, even though I've done more in my normal game group (six others in the group).

What source books will we need?: Primarily the ones meant for the players... as in the Core Rulebook and anything a player would need for an adventure in a snowy climate *looks at the Reign of Winter Player's Guide with a pointed look*. If you have more than those that I mentioned, please, explain what it is you have and why you think it'd be a good idea to use it.

What are the character creation rules we need to be aware of?: Simply put, the PCs are supposed to be from the Core Rulebook, although you can give me a good reason for using a non-Core Rules race and class as long as it's from a Paizo product or anything official that's found on the d20pfsrd website. I expect the use of 2d6 + 6 on the stats rolls, plus whatever else you have to do for the core base classes (or whatever other Paizo-authorized classes you use).

*insert questions here*: I'll answer as many as I realistically can without giving away the plot of the game... though I'll be honest and say that it'll be somewhat different from the original AP in places (especially around the middle of the original AP).

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Xamusel on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revan

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Revan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:22 pm

What role are the players taking in this game? What is our ultimate objective as the players. What classes are races are allowed and are disallowed

Xamusel

Re: Is anyone up for a campaign of Pathfinder set in the Reign of Winter Adventure Path (with some adjustments to settin

Postby Xamusel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:32 pm

The role the players are taking is a group who has to stop their home from having an early (and permanent) winter... well, initially, anyway. The ultimate objective as the players is to stop this mess from continuing across the universe as a whole. The classes and races allowed are primarily those in the Core Rulebook... though, if you present a good argument for using a non-Core Rulebook race and/or class, I'll permit you to use those particularly. Thing is, however, it has to be found in a Paizo source book... either that, or on the d20pfsrd site, but mainly the Paizo official stuff.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Will this be a table top game?

A Chat game?

A PbP?
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Well, I guess it's a good thing I am not familiar with the Reign of Winter Adventure Path. Not surprising since I only own perhaps 3 PF books in total. Now lets see, shall I make a Sorcerer, or perhaps a Fighter...

Edited:

Or perhaps I should wait until my RL cools down enough to let me get involved in more games. heck, I know Sas is still waiting on my PC for his Pred game... I really should try and find the time to finish that up and transcribe it

More human than human.

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Well, whatever works best for you guys, is all I can say.

NMI

Postby NMI » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:07 am

I got amazon.com money now where I can buy at least the cite pathfinder book

Xamusel

Postby Xamusel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:14 pm

That's good to hear. Thanks for showing your interest.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

NMI wrote:I got amazon.com money now where I can buy at least the cite pathfinder book

Well, you can always use the the srd for it

http://www.d20pfsrd.com

Has all of the rules with none of the fluff. But in essence, it's DnD3.5 with some improvements to it.

Am back to debating on some characters. I was thinking on making a Scottish Highlands type character.... a monk. Studied the ancient arts of Fu Kyu which of course, in true Scottish tradition, consists mainly of headbutting someone, and then kicking them while they are down. :D

More human than human.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”