Back in the GM Mode again...

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Which setting would you prefer

Poll ended at Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 am

Shadow Wars - Cyberpunk style setting
No votes
X-Men/Avenger "ish"
100%
Palladium Fantasy
No votes

Total votes: 3

NMI

Back in the GM Mode again...

Postby NMI » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 am

So I am thinking of running a game again. I have 3 ideas in mind at the moment...

1. Relaunching my Cyberpunk/Heroes Unlimited game. Low to Medium power - espionage, conspiracies, drama, etc... In essence, it really is more like Ninja's and Superspies, but using Heroes Unlimited books

2. X-Men / Avenger like campaign - Traditional Superhero stuff. May or may not be based in/related to the Marvel Universe

3. Palladium Fantasy!!! Yeah, me, running Palladium Fantasy. Would initially be limited to Mainbook, Eastern Territories and The Wolfen EMpire then slowly branch out from there.

This would all be play by post with the occasional play by chat

Genhuman

Re: Back in the GM Mode again...

Postby Genhuman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 pm

I am reserving my vote for the moment. I enjoyed the Cyberpunk game you had going. However, with all of the superhero movies out, something a bit more cinematic also feels right.

My main question would be, if you do run PF, I am fine with confining it to those areas, books. What I really wonder is, what 'type' of game would it be. Politics? Dungeon crawl? Mass warfare? Exploration? And how high of a level game you are thinking on playing.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:19 pm

The PF game - not sure. maybe a little of it all??? I can see politics, dungeon crawl and exploration

What do you mean by more cinematic?

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:40 pm

What I mean by cinematic was this. My character was basically a slighlty buffed normal human, with energy pistols.

More cinematic would be...shoting laser beams from my fricken forehead, and flying round or turning into a rage monster.

So, still debating on avengers and PF now.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 pm

The Avengers'ish setting would most likely find the team "sponsored" by some rich philanthropist or government body of some kind.

The Fantasy, I can expand to include Corebook, Eastern Territories, Wolfen Empire, Northern Hinterlands, Mount Nimro, Baalgor Wastelands, and the new Byzantium book. I might have Western Empire, I do not know for sure.

I was thinking of making the Fantasy a bit more "fantastical" and maybe allowing certain OCC's access to Rifts: Japan style martial arts, maybe 1-2 minor super powers or something of the sort. A PFRPG version of Anima: Beyond Fantasy. Perhaps some Steam Punk tech and/or blackpowder weapons, etc...

Sasqaricious

Postby Sasqaricious » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Well then I would lean towards the fantasy setting as a secondary, still avengerish is in lead.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 pm

I went ahead and flipped a coin. I voted Avengers-esque. Fantasy a strong 2nd. Would still be happy with Cuberpunk Unlimited.

More human than human.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”