Anyone up for BTS-ish game?

GM's and Players, use this area for discussion of campaigns you are interested in running as well as for recruiting players.

Moderator: NMI

Genhuman

Anyone up for BTS-ish game?

Postby Genhuman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Moved to appropriate board. Lets see if any more luck here.

Meanwhile, in Chicago….

In the office of Luther Cross, Director of Tattered Wings Investigations;
Debbie Meyers shifted her book bag straps on her shoulder and slid her left hand into the pocket of her faded denim jeans. She pulled out her monthly commuter pass and slid the card into a slot in the turnstile's card-reader. The electronic display turned from red to green and with a satisfying *ka-chink*, released the lock on the turnstile. Once she stepped passed the rotating bar, she plucked the card from the slot on the exit side of the turnstile. Her companion, Professor Kaitlin Jones, was digging frantically through her purse for her own commuter pass.

The low, steady hum of the approaching train changed in pitch as the air brakes were applied. “Come on, Professor!” Debbie called impatiently. "We're going to miss it."

“Ah ha!” Kate exclaimed in triumph. “Got it.” She waved her hand dismissively at her teaching assistant. “Go on up, Deb. I'll be through in a second.”

Debbie turned and trotted up the stairs to the platform. Above her, the sound of the train hissed to a stop.

Dr. Kate slid the card into the reader, and stepped forward. Instead of turning green and releasing the lock, the display flashed red, and spat the card back. Kate winced in pain as she slammed her thighs against the unyielding bar. Swearing an oath under her breath, she retrieved the card and flipped it over.

This time it worked, and a moment later, Doctor Kaitlyn Jones was pushing through the turnstile and running up the stairs as fast as she could. From the platform above, she could hear the sound of the pneumatic doors opening on the train.

Debbie was already standing in the doorway of the train, watching anxiously as her teacher came running up the stairs. She waved in encouragement. “Hurry up, Doctor Kate!”

Three steps from her goal, Kate heard the hiss of the automated doors cycling closed. She backpedaled to a stop just as they slammed shut – stranding her out on the platform. Debbie gave the doctor an apologetic glance as the airbrakes of the train hissed again and disengaged. Then, as the train began to move, she shrugged her shoulders, as if to say, “Oh Well.”

Kate took a step backward behind the line on the platform and nodded reassuringly to her student, mouthing the words, “It's Okay, I'll get the next one.”

She watched silently as the twin red taillights of the train receded in the distance to the west.

“…and that’s what happened last night,” Professor Kaitlin Jones, Dr. Kate to most everyone, explained to Mr. Cross. “The police say they won’t take a missing persons report until she has been gone at least 48 to 72 hours, but I know her, and she has never missed a day before without at least a phone call. She isn’t even answering her cell. I just know something is wrong. Can you help me?”

Mr. Cross leaned forward, propped his elbows on the desk and formed a steeple with his fingers. “I think I have just the right team for this job, Professor Jones.”

xxxxxxxxx

So, I am checking interest in something I have been playing around with in my mind. I will probably use BTS2 rules, but it will not be the BTS world setting, but one of my own devising. There maybe a touch of NB in it, but not sure as that would raise the power levels, but if demand is high enough, I could probably adapt it to include some NB, but once again, not the post dark day NB world.

The PCs would be part of a Private Investigations Agency, one known for taking the weird cases, and the cases that most other agencies turn their up their noses. Mr. Cross is also known for hiring unusual people, and not just retired cops, ex-soldiers or criminal justice degree graduates.

As I said, just checking interest, and seeing what sorts of PC concepts people might submit for this.
I mother was a test tube; my father was a knife.

More human than human.

NMI

Re: Anyone up for BTS-ish game?

Postby NMI » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:02 am

I could be considered interested.

Whether or not playing a Nightbane is an option does not matter. Perhaps a Psychic Detective or something of the sort would be a nice change for me.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:10 pm

I have also had someone express interest in this game, on the Palladium Chat boards, if I would turn it into a weekly game. I am... considering it.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:53 pm

A weekly Chat game or Play by post?

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Well, for now, I am going to do a PbP. I was just saying, someone has requested I also do a Chat.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:51 am

Depending on scheduling, I might be available for a chat game. Though, I am really holding out for the return of another Chat game...

Play-by-Chat availability - Thurs, Fri playing no later than 11p'ish EST, Saturday All day, Sun playing no later than 11'ish.

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Depending on if another game pans out or not for Thu, I may see about bringing back some MHU AoS, at least to get the current story arc done. I do still have all of my notes and keep adding to them. In fact, I completely revamped chap2 after watching season 2.

I make no promises, but I am saying it is entirely possible

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:24 am

Genhuman wrote:Depending on if another game pans out or not for Thu, I may see about bringing back some MHU AoS, at least to get the current story arc done. I do still have all of my notes and keep adding to them. In fact, I completely revamped chap2 after watching season 2.

I make no promises, but I am saying it is entirely possible

I love this post so hard right now!

Genhuman

Postby Genhuman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Um...NMI. Your gun is digging into my hip.

More human than human.

NMI

Postby NMI » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:58 am

At least I am using protection.

Return to “Game Discussion & Recruitment”